• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

newbie91

Reaction score

Anybody experiencing this as well or has experienced them? I only walk in them, I do not run, jump, or do extreme activities with them.

It has only been 8 months.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep a close eye on those boots for every detail more things are coming :stirpot:

My boots did the same thing. If you even read a few pages back your questions/thoughts might have been answered

Last edited:

newbie91

Reaction score
Keep a close eye on those boots for every detail more things are coming
stirpot.gif

My boots did the same thing. If you even read a few pages back your questions/thoughts might have been answered

so what did you do?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ZOMG! L@@K! MY HEELS ARE DEFECTIVE. THEY'RE SEPARATING!!!! Is this NORMAL??????

I've had them for FOUR YEARS NOW and this still hasn't gone away!!!! THEY were like this from day ONE!!!! I have taken really good care of them. REALLY!!!! Never mind that I wear them for months on end in water mud and other really nasty stuff. I EVEN wade knee deep in water for HOURS at a time!!! OH and I also KICK ROCKS out of the ground all the time with my heel. One time I kicked a rock so hard I injured my plantar fascia. The heel didn't fall OFF but it took over a year for my foot to heal. Even though they held up great and all I still can't help but think that this is a DEFECT!!!! WHAT DO I DO!!??? HELP!!!!

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ZOMG! L@@K! MY HEELS ARE DEFECTIVE. THEY'RE SEPARATING!!!! Is this NORMAL??????

I've had them for FOUR YEARS NOW and this still hasn't gone away!!!! THEY were like this from day ONE!!!! I have taken really good care of them. REALLY!!!! Never mind that I wear them for months on end in water mud and other really nasty stuff. I EVEN wade knee deep in water for HOURS at a time!!! OH and I also KICK ROCKS out of the ground all the time with my heel. One time I kicked a rock so hard I injured my plantar fascia. The heel didn't fall OFF but it took over a year for my foot to heal. Even though they held up great and all I still can't help but think that this is a DEFECT!!!! WHAT DO I DO!!??? HELP!!!!

Whoa there. This is common for boots that have a leather sole and stacked leather heel. During construction a dab of glue might be used to hold the heel to the boot but that's not how it's held on. The heel is attached to the boot using nails. Think horse shoes here. The shoe is held in place with nails in a pattern. Yeah a horse can throw a shoe but it's really an uncommon event. In any case what you are seeing is normal and is not a defect. Wolverine is very generous about replacing a boot for just about any reason. I know this to be a fact based on experience. They would rather replace the boot and make you happy even if it means taking a boot that is not defective.

Anyway, nice boots. It looks like you might need to clean them up a bit and treat them. Winter is coming...

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Funniest thing i read by you.

Figured you would like that. LOL! Now I need to get some coffee in me. you know it's a weird morning when you talk to yourself on a blog.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I'm on a roll. Does anyone think that my dirt diggers could ever look good again?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A while ago someone asked well how do you clean those boots of yours and get them to look decent again Crane. Another question is about touching them up with colored wax when they get scuffed. Well, I decided to address both questions.

First off I cannot stress the importance of keeping up on a maintenance plan that fits how you wear these boots. The entire idea is to keep the leather healthy and both boot oil and something like LP also keeps staining down. Some of the stuff I walk in will stain dry leather jet black and there is nothing you are going to do to get it out. Same goes for salt, though it is possible to get that problem down to a tolerable level.

Geez Crane WTF! That's not one of your brown boots is it?

Yes it is.

I told you a zillion times that you can beat these boots senseless and with just a little bit of work you can make miracles happen. This thread is full of pics of my boots in various stages of disarray and after cleaning.

The first thing I did was wipe down the boot with a damp sponge with a little bit of Dawn dish washing soap on it. I have no idea where in the hell my saddle soap or my Lexol cleaner is. That's what happens when you clean the garage I guess. I'm sure both will show up in a year or two. LOL! Anyway wipe them down really good. you know you're doing it right when it foams up a bit. When the sponge is dirty rinse it off and start again with fresh soap. Once you get the crud off rinse the sponge and wipe the leather to get the soap off. Toss them out on your back porch for a while to let them dry.

So instead of just treating them with oil or snoseal I decided to color them up a bit. It's been a long time since I've oiled/snosealed them so they are a bit on the dry side. If you are going to color them up this is the time to do it. On freshly treated boots you are wasting your time trying this. It just won't work. So me being me I decided that some red would add some character to my well worn red toned beat to death 4 year old original brown 1Ks. So a coat of number 8 Meltonian creme wax later and hey I now have a pair of rust or number 8 colored boots and lookie they're shiny too! ROFLMAO!

Now after a few weeks of wearing these and water brushing them everyday I would expect most of the wax will be gone. That's when I'll treat them with oil. A couple of weeks after that they get snosealed. They'll be good to go for the Winter after that.

Yes I know the sole edges look like crap. Yes I could do something about it but why? Whatever I do to them won't last two days doing what I do so it's just not a concern of mine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads