1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Distinguished Member

I just realized I have 50' of camo paracord... TY Cranes for my new shoe laces.

I've still been too lazy to get to my cobbler, so I haven't worn the 1K's in awhile. [​IMG]

2. Crane's

Crane's Distinguished Member

Hey, it's the duct tape of cord. Works great for boot laces and about a million other things.

3. milw50717

milw50717 Senior Member

I'm guessing you are right footed :)

Shoe polish .. 'fraid my boots have not seen that for a while ....

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013

4. Crane's

Crane's Distinguished Member

Yes! Pray tell what gave it away? LOL!

5. walds11

walds11 Senior Member

I wore my Courtlands out for the first time today. They are breaking in very nicely; pretty much broken in out of the box. And very comfy too!

How do you handle skinny chicken legs and ankles like me where the lacing spaces up very close together at the top? :) Almost touching. I wear medium weight socks. Can you visualize what I am talking about?

6. milesbeyond

milesbeyond Well-Known Member

Like this? I'm wearing dress socks today, but I usually wear medium weight wool socks with the boots. I don't think much of it, they still fit and wear fine.

Since it's turning fall-like, decided to break out my 1Ks. I'm really glad I picked up the rust.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Mr M

Mr M Senior Member

^^^ Rust is in my next order. Btw how red is Brown D. I'm obsessed with red or burgundy boots. Make me feel like Superman.

8. walds11

walds11 Senior Member

Yes, sort of. Mine almost touch at the top, at least you have some spacing. Once the boots really break in, I bet it will touch. Like you said, I don't think much of it, they still fit and wear fine. I guess it's the nature of the beast with skinny ankles :)

9. Jakethedrummer

Jakethedrummer Well-Known Member

Looking to pick up my first pair of boots soon, just the thousand mile ones. I'm wondering whether I should go for rust or tan. I will wear these with jeans (N&F Skinny Guys). Also, if I normally wear a 10 and wont be wearing thick socks or using an insole what size should I get?

10. Mr M

Mr M Senior Member

I have chicken legs as well. I have mine laced closely and have some room. Still comfortable and fit well.

[​IMG]

11. walds11

walds11 Senior Member

There is barely any room at the top, especially the right boot where it's just about touching. The boots are comfy and fit well, so I guess no worries.

12. Bootz

Bootz New Member

Hey all.

I have 2 pair of 1k's in Brown (W05301), neither have been worn and both are still boxed up. 9D and 9.5EEE. Asking $275 each. I'm located in St Louis, MO and would be willing to drive up to an hour to meet, or happily ship them anywhere in the US!

Thanks,
    Ryan

13. copaceticindeed

copaceticindeed New Member

I'm very interested in the Wolverine 1K's but am concerned about getting the size right. I wear a 8D in the Danner Acadias for work. Does anyone know how that might translate to a pair of 1K's? I plan on wearing light to medium thick socks.

14. hoodyear

hoodyear Distinguished Member

^ My Wolverines are a 1/2 size smaller than my Danners.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013

15. Somar

Somar Senior Member

Het everybody, will this area here [​IMG] (it's called the instep right?) loosen up with the 1000 miles boots?
    With size 8.5 the instep feels snug, but still comfortable, but with size 8 it hurt just a little. Will this loosen up? If so, how much? Should I go for 8 or for 8.5?