• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Winter Hats

Reaction score
What kind of headgear are people using to protect their heads and ears from the cold when they go to work? I am looking for something that will look good with a suit. Any recommendations? Thanks.

skeptic

Reaction score
With a suit, I wear an ambassador (also known as a diplomat and similar to a cossack). It's a russian hat usually made from beaver fur or lambswool. It's a perfect dressy hat for Pennsylvania winters.

For more casual occasions, I wear a boina (actually, a Hoquy beret...I've seen them as low as $36) or a plain old skullcap. I believe berets were usually worn by English schoolboys and not very often in France anymore.

That being said, ignore people who laugh at the fact you wear a hat (sheesh) in sub-zero temperatures--they're idiots.

johnw86

Reaction score
I've got a tweed newsboy cap that I bought 10 years ago at a British import store in Maine (Freeport). It's made with Shetland wool (brown herringbone with green flecks) and is by Sydney Shaw. A great, warm cap that still looks good.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.