1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Winter Hats

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by forwardpleated, Feb 1, 2005.

1. forwardpleated

forwardpleated Member

What kind of headgear are people using to protect their heads and ears from the cold when they go to work? I am looking for something that will look good with a suit. Any recommendations? Thanks.

2. skeptic

skeptic Well-Known Member

With a suit, I wear an ambassador (also known as a diplomat and similar to a cossack). It's a russian hat usually made from beaver fur or lambswool. It's a perfect dressy hat for Pennsylvania winters.

For more casual occasions, I wear a boina (actually, a Hoquy beret...I've seen them as low as $36) or a plain old skullcap. I believe berets were usually worn by English schoolboys and not very often in France anymore.

That being said, ignore people who laugh at the fact you wear a hat (sheesh) in sub-zero temperatures--they're idiots.

3. kabert

kabert Senior member

4. johnw86

johnw86 Senior member

I've got a tweed newsboy cap that I bought 10 years ago at a British import store in Maine (Freeport). It's made with Shetland wool (brown herringbone with green flecks) and is by Sydney Shaw. A great, warm cap that still looks good.