• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winter Down Coat

NelAda

Reaction score
Those jackets seem light for winter coats, then again you aren't in a super cold environment. If you plan on layering up and not staying outside much then they should be fine though. One thing to consider is the waterproofing, the down jacket does not appear to be waterproof which is a hassle. You might consider a jacket with more fill and a waterproof coating.

EDIT - my jackets only have 1.5 to 2 times as much down. Not as drastic as I thought.

Last edited:

eprex

Reaction score
Ha! I'm actually a hockey fan, so I will definitely need to find some time to go to a game. Can't bring myself to like that god awful uniform though haha

eprex

Reaction score
Those jackets seem light for winter coats, then again you aren't in a super cold environment. If you plan on layering up and not staying outside much then they should be fine though. One thing to consider is the waterproofing, the down jacket does not appear to be waterproof which is a hassle. You might consider a jacket with more fill and a waterproof coating, my jackets have 3-5 times as much fill but I'm further north than you.

Yeah they don't look super warm to me either. I'm trying to find something that is both warm and relatively stylish, which is proving to be really hard unless I spend wayyy too much on a jacket (for a student at least). Seems the going rate for something not on sale that looks halfway decent is $6-700.

I won't be spending much time outside- just driving to and from school.

NelAda

Reaction score
You aren't going to get stylish and warm for cheap. Of the two what is your priority? You could always just get a down vest and thermal under layers, under a fashion coat.

eprex

Reaction score
Perhaps I should go for warmth over style, considering I have a decent enough "dress" winter coat for when I'm wearing a suit

eprex

Reaction score
How warm are the Pajar coats? I like the martin, and would debate splurging if it was super warm- it certainly looks great. Any concerns about how they get their fur?

NelAda

Reaction score
That's a great coat, the fur can just be zipped off if you don't like it. Sizing their stuff can be interesting, but the free returns is great. Also the Baxter state is offered in women's sixes too if the mens is too big. I've never looked at pajar coats, personally I find fur collars to be gaudy.

eprex

Reaction score
That's a great coat, the fur can just be zipped off if you don't like it. Sizing their stuff can be interesting, but the free returns is great. Also the Baxter state is offered in women's sixes too if the mens is too big. I've never looked at pajar coats, personally I find fur collars to be gaudy.

Agreed about the fur. Might have to go with the LL parka and see how the small fits. I guess being a little big wouldn't be too bad for layering.

NelAda

Reaction score
That coat is warm enough you wont have to layer. I have one for around town and it works great when I am lazy.

wickid

Reaction score
Glad i found this thread as i am in the same situation..

These are the 3 I think I have slimmed my choices down to. They all have very high reviews, except the Eddie Bauer which is a new model but the old model was rated very high. The Woolrich can be found new for around $300 which makes all of these in the same price range and im OK with. The LL Bean seems to be the most highly rated with Woolrich having mixed reviews (80% good).

I would like to have one that will last me a long time 3-4+ years

Woolrich http://bit.ly/1p9rOvN
Eddie Bauer http://bit.ly/1moGgoa
LL Bean http://bit.ly/1oc9phO

julius12

Reaction score
Before you go any further, are you wearing thermal underwear? If not, maybe you should get a bunch of cheaper wicking non-thermal undershirt and shorts like Uniqlo's Airism, then maybe one or two pairs of slightly more expensive thermals (v-neck long sleeve top and full length tights) for your second layer that you can wear on repeat since most of the garment doesn't come into contact with your skin directly. Then wear a warm shirt, layer with a wool sweater or a down jacket, throw on your dressy coat, accessorize with hat, gloves, and scarf for different looks, and I think you're good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads