1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

wings+horns F/W 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by misterjuiceman, Jun 4, 2012.

1. MonsieurLock

MonsieurLock Senior Member

Wow thanks for the heads up guys. Can anyone post a picture of the back of the Military Jacket? I was looking at it again tonight on W+H's site. I'm going to hold off now. Nowiremember, what did you end up getting?, if you don't mind me asking.

**Edited**

[​IMG]

Also those Knits you posted Bawlin are fucking amazing. Wow. Are you trying to get rid of them? or looking for them? I definitely dig them more than this seasons, although if I can't find one buy the time sale comes along I might just go for the this seasons vest.
    [​IMG]

I have a serious case of ADD, because I'm constantly putting something in the cart, giving it a day or two, but when I come back to buy, I end up looking through the site one more time, and finding something else I want. I repeat this process over and over and over. I've learned to hold off on alot of things, because I end up getting them, and A. they go on sale for 50% off shortly there after, and B. I end up just being underwhelmed with alot of things weeks after getting it, where as before I purchased it, I had to have it.

I'm definitely diggin their indigo shit that's out this season.

[​IMG]

Kind of off topic (very off topic), here are a few songs I've had on repeat today.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012

2. hobbes874

hobbes874 Senior Member

:puzzled:

The fuck?

3. MonsieurLock

Wrong thread. Way off topic. All-star friday night.

[​IMG]

CHARCOAL HANDKNIT WOOL HUNTING SWEATER

4. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior Member

Do the terry-loop zip front hoodies stretch much? I know my enzyme wash hoodie stretched a whole size, but the terry loop hoodies look thicker so I assume theres less stretch?.

5. MonsieurLock

Yeah, mine hasn't stretched much at all. Other than the cuff on the arms, that sort of stretch a little wider from draping over your hand often. I'd say it doesn't stretch at all, or at least its very minimal.

6. Mesta

Mesta Senior Member

damn all the henleys are sold out in M? crazy. Been trying on almost 10 e-stores!

7. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Senior Member

Roden Gray and Nomad both still have M online.

Edit: Oh, maybe you're not looking for the cashmere ones. :embar:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012

8. Mesta

Mesta Senior Member

Should have mentioned I don't want black or grey ;)

9. Froosh

Froosh Distinguished Member

Checked out that warehouse sale that bawlin posted about... all leftovers from last time's sample sale. A lot of seconds as well so beware.

10. ryosuke

ryosuke Senior Member

Yep, that warehouse sale is all the stuff from WH's previous sample sales. Whatever didn't sell from the previous couple years. I got a nom de guerre hoodie and a fleece blazer. Go if you are a medium, lots of sizes for you.

11. blazingazn

blazingazn Distinguished Member

Was there lots of stuff there?

12. bawlin

bawlin Distinguished Member

Tons of stuff there but nothing "special" really

13. nepats81

nepats81 Senior Member

[​IMG]

Ordered this from Brigade in Ohio. Shipping was crazy fast to NYC, they shipped same day and I ordered later in the afternoon. Great service.

This is my first wings+horns piece. I honestly just decided to take the plunge because I kept hearing time and time again that they had the best hoodies out there. I have to say I'm beyond impressed. Great fit - perfect for me since I am slim and have looooong arms. The large loop material is warm and perfect. This may become a problem haha.

Anyways couple of quick questions:
    Is everything else from wings+horns really high quality? What are some of the must have staples that they make? I could never imagine myself paying $200 for a hoodie and thinking I got a great deal, but I do. Can anyone comment on the henleys, or t shirts?

Also - I know Reigning champ is owned by the same company. Is the fit on their hoodies similar? How about the quality?

Thanks

14. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior Member

Everything that I've handled is very good quality. I bought a short sleeve henley for about 50% off, for which I would have no trouble paying full price. I can't really imagine it being much better. I really like their chinos, too. Their tiger fleece is pretty nice also, but I've actually never handled the large loop stuff. I prefer RRL for denim, but that's just me. Maybe check out Ssense.com, they stock RC and w+h and list measurements for both brands, so you can easily compare sizing.

15. xdawes23

xdawes23 Senior Member

@nepants

I just recently bought one of their henlees, and I really like it. Its comfortable and it accentuates the fact that I work out. I bought the thicker and warmer henlee, which consists of 92% cotton and 8% cashmere.