• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns F/W 2010

Aries83

Reaction score
I've just received my charcoal tiger fleece hoody in L and it fits perfect, the label indicates "slim fit".

If it helps I'm 6'2, 185lbs, 40 chest.

Psydelik

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TotesMcGotes
Are the hoodies available at Roden Gray the classic or slim fit? and how does W+H sizing usually run, tts?
The loop terry hoodies are a little roomier than the tiger fleece hoodies. All the tiger fleece that are available at RG are ultra slim. I'm an L in the loop terry, but an XL in the tiger fleece. Wings + Horns runs small 90% of the time, with the chinos and the cashmere sweaters being the exceptions and fitting a little larger.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Psydelik
The loop terry hoodies are a little roomier than the tiger fleece hoodies. All the tiger fleece that are available at RG are ultra slim. I'm an L in the loop terry, but an XL in the tiger fleece. Wings + Horns runs small 90% of the time, with the chinos and the cashmere sweaters being the exceptions and fitting a little larger.

I'll co sign all of that above^

I perceive the terry loop stuff to fit a little bigger only due to the stretchiness of the fabric. (Don't hang these pieces unless you have some super-duper coat hangers -- they'll leave marks. Treat them like a knit. i.e. fold or lay them.) No issues with hanging the sueded tiger fleece stuff, though. The material is thick and rigid and the shoulders wont contour to a hanger like the terry loops do. Sorry to digress but that's important because I kind of screwed up one of my terries by hanging it and thus had to wash it sooner than I intended. Leads me to one other point. When washing the NAVY BLUE terry loop pieces....cold water, gentle cycle. If it hits the dryer, then medium to low heat, for only 10 minutes or so. Then straight to a drying rack, or laid flat to dry. The color bleeds and fades very fast, from my experience. And after one wash the garment has lost a bit of it's off the rack appeal. This only goes for the navy terry. The heather ones is totally fine and has actually gained a bit of character from a wash and quick dry. But ATEOTD, if possible given your circumstances, I suggest all dry cleaning.

Psydelik

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
I'll co sign all of that above^

I perceive the terry loop stuff to fit a little bigger only due to the stretchiness of the fabric. (Don't hang these pieces unless you have some super-duper coat hangers -- they'll leave marks. Treat them like a knit. i.e. fold or lay them.) No issues with hanging the sueded tiger fleece stuff, though. The material is thick and rigid and the shoulders wont contour to a hanger like the terry loops do. Sorry to digress but that's important because I kind of screwed up one of my terries by hanging it and thus had to wash it sooner than I intended. Leads me to one other point. When washing the NAVY BLUE terry loop pieces....cold water, gentle cycle. If it hits the dryer, then medium to low heat, for only 10 minutes or so. Then straight to a drying rack, or laid flat to dry. The color bleeds and fades very fast, from my experience. And after one wash the garment has lost a bit of it's off the rack appeal. This only goes for the navy terry. The heather ones is totally fine and has actually gained a bit of character from a wash and quick dry. But ATEOTD, if possible given your circumstances, I suggest all dry cleaning.

What is your experience with washing the tiger fleece pieces? I'm not sure what to expect as it fits quite snug the way it is now.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Psydelik
What is your experience with washing the tiger fleece pieces? I'm not sure what to expect as it fits quite snug the way it is now.
hand wash in cold water and flatten to dry sandwiched in towels

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
hand wash in cold water and flatten to dry sandwiched in towels

Agreed. Unless you're just trying to shrink it because it's too big. I could see a normal wash/dry doing a number on the sueded tiger fleece.....5-10% shrinkage I would imagine..

I haven't washed any personally yet. But will use shahanshah's method.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been meaning to do this for people searching for a specific piece or size...hopefully someone find's it useful and it hasn't already been done.. if I'm missing somewhere, do me a favor and add....I know this is also listed on the w/h page, but there are no links...and some of it is dated. Additionally this list does not include b&M stores with no web presence. Need Supply Acrimony Context Roden Gray Stuart & Wright Memes NYC (normally about 10% less on regular retail than other stockist, FYI.) SSENSE Blackbird Brigade Four Horsemen Tres Bien Gravity Pope Stel's Detour American Rag Steven Alan (note: only a few pieces each season) Farfetch (if they're able to pull a piece from a dept. store that doesn't have it listed on their site - mainly Fred Segal) edit; and again don't add on for stockist who carry in-store but don't have web presence..

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got about 10 W+H pieces but I'm kicking myself for not grabbing the $60 grey tigerfleece hoodie i tried on at the sample sale.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fobe46
anyone know where I can get the chabanel cadigan for cheaper? lowest I saw was 143 at Memes. Thanks!
u aint beatin 143 man. may as well kop now before someone else gets your size..
Originally Posted by CBrown85
I've got about 10 W+H pieces but I'm kicking myself for not grabbing the $60 grey tigerfleece hoodie i tried on at the sample sale.
Haha - what was the problem? what was the thought process? .... "Do i really need another w+h hoodie..?". I hear ya' though..

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
u aint beatin 143 man. may as well kop now before someone else gets your size..

Haha - what was the problem? what was the thought process? .... "Do i really need another w+h hoodie..?". I hear ya' though..

Before that point I had never owned anything W+H. I'm not a hoodie person- only own one american apparel ash and barely ever wear it, figured this would collect dust in the closet. Went back the next day and all they had were ones way thinner than the tiger fleece so i grabbed what I could. The tiger blanket I have has convinced me how stupid I was.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads