1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Williamsburg Brooklyn or Cobble/Boerum Hill? 30 year old single male

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by newintown23, Apr 21, 2012.

1. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Wow...agree with that^^ 100%

Will do. Can straight home today. Rain made me wanna be inside...

2. newintown23

newintown23 Senior member

Hung out in the east village this past weekend. Chicks galore but every place was packed...

3. newintown23

newintown23 Senior member

Hello Everyone! I know it has been ages, but in browsing around on the site, i figured i might as well update you all on what i decided. I ended up moving to Greenpoint! haha
    I know i know, it wasnt discussed much, but i actually LOVE living here. I ended up getting an awesome apartment for 2200 a month. I overlook the entire Manhattan skyline, i have a balcony, and a brand new one bedroom condo. I am super close to the G train, and the LIE, and i can ride my bike to Williamsburg in 5 mins, or walk to the end of my block and take the ferry.
    Going out in Williamsburg is awesome and i LOVE the hood. I have been here since October and i have learned where all of the weird spots are and the chill, normal spots are. Williamsburg is not what everyone has really made it out to be. I guess you can say the Yuppies are moving in, because i find there are a lot of people just like me in the hood, and not all a bunch of trust fund babies. I wanted to take a time out and thank all of you for your help. Its kind of funny where i ended up. I love Brooklyn

4. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^ now its time to get a dog. McGloric/McCarren/Cooper Dog runs are all nearby. Unleash is where we did some puppy training for our dog and they have a good dog daycare going too thats on Franklin St.

there's no easier way to hook up then to have a cute dog in NYC. I'll be at mccarren and noticing how many hot women come in with dogs and before you know it you've talked for 30min with said woman. Its actually a pretty fun scene at the dog runs.

plus its just awesome having a dog. a cool little friend to hang with. more reason to be outside and about.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  5. Kimberley Baka

Kimberley Baka New Member

What was the conclusion? I am in the same predicament myself now, except female :)

6. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

I guess it depends on if you lean toward the hipster vibe and lifestyle or something a little quieter and family oriented. Even though I'm not a hipster and can't stand some of them, I think I'd rather live in Willamsburg at this point.

7. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Cobble Hill/Carroll Gardens has gotten out of control over the last couple of years FWIW. It used to be the sane alternative to Williamsburg, great dining and nightlife without the pretentious hipsters living in $1.5M condos but pretending they are starving artists. Now it's just crowded, expensive, and overrun.

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  8. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

I agree that it is expensive(I live in Boerum Hill)...but definitely would not call it crowded or over-run.