Will Uniqlo ever come to Canada?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by cb_32, Sep 2, 2010.

1. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Uniqlo is Japanese.

And Toronto definitely has decent boutiques however not enough interest. People would rather shop at A&F/Hollister and H&M.

Not sure about Vancouver though, I haven't been to any province outside Ontario tbh.

Yeah I know I blanked when I typed that, probably because I only look at uniqlo.uk.

Vancouver has some really great stores. Stronger than Tdot imo. I live in Calgary, aka the worst major city in the country for clothing shopping.

2. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

So I've heard.

Can you link me to some Vancouver boutiques?

3. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Google is your friend. Gravity pope. Roden Gray. Dutil denim. Block (meh). Inventory. There are others. Really you could just stick with Roden Gray and be happy.

4. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

cool thanks

5. Listi

Listi Senior member

I live in ktown so we get... American Apparel Gap Urban Outfitters WOOOOOOOO. All Queen's kids wear is lululemon[​IMG] And yes I am, occasionally, the object of some ridicule for dressing how I do in Kingston. Gotta go to UofT or McGill for grad school :\\ or UCLA :p

6. gwydion

gwydion Senior member

I live in ktown so we get... American Apparel Gap Urban Outfitters WOOOOOOOO. All Queen's kids wear is lululemon[​IMG] And yes I am, occasionally, the object of some ridicule for dressing how I do in Kingston. Gotta go to UofT or McGill for grad school :\\ or UCLA :p
    Come to McGill. If not for the school, atleast the Montreal women [​IMG] And a good deal of stuff people around here like(MMM, Jil, Junya, Dries, Lanvin, Dior, RO, etc.) And with ssense apparently opening this Friday, it'll be even better.

7. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

^Yeah, you guys in mtl please let us know how b&m ssense checks out, heading up to mtl later this year so I'll get a chance to go if its worth it.

Nomad, j+o, sydneys, etc are pretty cool here but canadian retail prices suck and those stores usually carry a very limited run of items, so hoping your size makes it to sales time is tough unless you're an L-XL.

btw- op, I'll be in nyc for early oct so let me know if you want some uniqlo rags

8. gearhead

gearhead Senior member

uniqlo is bound to move into canada, the question is when
    As a business, i could not imagine a huge company not wanting to try to take over the world
    and their image/product has mass appeal
    having read some article ago about the way the company markets itself abroad, expect a huge location in a very famous city
    but living in toronto is not so bad, its the reason why i make trips to nyc, cross border uniqlo

9. quasky

quasky Senior member

I live in ktown so we get...

American Apparel
    Gap
    Urban Outfitters

WOOOOOOOO. All Queen's kids wear is lululemon[​IMG]

And yes I am, occasionally, the object of some ridicule for dressing how I do in Kingston.

Gotta go to UofT or McGill for grad school :\\ or UCLA :p

there've been a handful of boutiques that have opened and closed in a matter of months in kingston. were you around when kamakazi opened? wasn't great, but they carried trovata, troglodyte homonuclus, and some other decent labels. was gone in, like, three months.

10. eli88

eli88 Member

Posting to agree with my fellow Calgarian that the shopping here is terrible, especially when compared with Vancouver.

I just got back from a weekend in Vancouver, and Roden Gray was closed! [​IMG] I was really looking forward to checking that store out.

11. gwydion

gwydion Senior member

^Yeah, you guys in mtl please let us know how b&m ssense checks out, heading up to mtl later this year so I'll get a chance to go if its worth it.

Nomad, j+o, sydneys, etc are pretty cool here but canadian retail prices suck and those stores usually carry a very limited run of items, so hoping your size makes it to sales time is tough unless you're an L-XL.

btw- op, I'll be in nyc for early oct so let me know if you want some uniqlo rags

Probably going to try to check it out tomorrow or Saturday after confirming if it's actually re-opened(been saying that for years now apparently). They've already said they aren't stocking everything but will transfer things to store on request.

12. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

i went to UNIQLO (nyc) for the first time last week...it was a let down
    didnt buy one thing

13. laughter95

laughter95 Senior member

this is not LL, stop shitting up the board w/ special flower threads

14. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

why is this a thread in the first place?

15. theom-

theom- Senior member

no. there is not a large customer base in canada. Stop complaining there isn't even one in Los Angeles yet.