• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Will Uniqlo ever come to Canada?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cb_32
Uniqlo is Japanese.

And Toronto definitely has decent boutiques however not enough interest. People would rather shop at A&F/Hollister and H&M.

Not sure about Vancouver though, I haven't been to any province outside Ontario tbh.

Yeah I know I blanked when I typed that, probably because I only look at uniqlo.uk.

Vancouver has some really great stores. Stronger than Tdot imo. I live in Calgary, aka the worst major city in the country for clothing shopping.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I've heard.

Can you link me to some Vancouver boutiques?

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cool thanks

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live in ktown so we get... American Apparel Gap Urban Outfitters WOOOOOOOO. All Queen's kids wear is lululemon
facepalm.gif
And yes I am, occasionally, the object of some ridicule for dressing how I do in Kingston. Gotta go to UofT or McGill for grad school :\\ or UCLA :p

gwydion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
I live in ktown so we get... American Apparel Gap Urban Outfitters WOOOOOOOO. All Queen's kids wear is lululemon
facepalm.gif
And yes I am, occasionally, the object of some ridicule for dressing how I do in Kingston. Gotta go to UofT or McGill for grad school :\\ or UCLA :p

Come to McGill. If not for the school, atleast the Montreal women
smile.gif
And a good deal of stuff people around here like(MMM, Jil, Junya, Dries, Lanvin, Dior, RO, etc.) And with ssense apparently opening this Friday, it'll be even better.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Yeah, you guys in mtl please let us know how b&m ssense checks out, heading up to mtl later this year so I'll get a chance to go if its worth it.

Nomad, j+o, sydneys, etc are pretty cool here but canadian retail prices suck and those stores usually carry a very limited run of items, so hoping your size makes it to sales time is tough unless you're an L-XL.

btw- op, I'll be in nyc for early oct so let me know if you want some uniqlo rags

gearhead

Reaction score
uniqlo is bound to move into canada, the question is when
As a business, i could not imagine a huge company not wanting to try to take over the world
and their image/product has mass appeal
having read some article ago about the way the company markets itself abroad, expect a huge location in a very famous city
but living in toronto is not so bad, its the reason why i make trips to nyc, cross border uniqlo

quasky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
I live in ktown so we get...

American Apparel
Gap
Urban Outfitters

WOOOOOOOO. All Queen's kids wear is lululemon
facepalm.gif

And yes I am, occasionally, the object of some ridicule for dressing how I do in Kingston.

Gotta go to UofT or McGill for grad school :\\ or UCLA :p

there've been a handful of boutiques that have opened and closed in a matter of months in kingston. were you around when kamakazi opened? wasn't great, but they carried trovata, troglodyte homonuclus, and some other decent labels. was gone in, like, three months.

eli88

Reaction score
Posting to agree with my fellow Calgarian that the shopping here is terrible, especially when compared with Vancouver.

I just got back from a weekend in Vancouver, and Roden Gray was closed!
ffffuuuu.gif
I was really looking forward to checking that store out.

gwydion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by canstyleace
^Yeah, you guys in mtl please let us know how b&m ssense checks out, heading up to mtl later this year so I'll get a chance to go if its worth it.

Nomad, j+o, sydneys, etc are pretty cool here but canadian retail prices suck and those stores usually carry a very limited run of items, so hoping your size makes it to sales time is tough unless you're an L-XL.

btw- op, I'll be in nyc for early oct so let me know if you want some uniqlo rags

Probably going to try to check it out tomorrow or Saturday after confirming if it's actually re-opened(been saying that for years now apparently). They've already said they aren't stocking everything but will transfer things to store on request.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i went to UNIQLO (nyc) for the first time last week...it was a let down
didnt buy one thing

laughter95

Reaction score
this is not LL, stop ******** up the board w/ special flower threads

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads