• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Will Uniqlo ever come to Canada?

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quasky
there've been a handful of boutiques that have opened and closed in a matter of months in kingston. were you around when kamakazi opened? wasn't great, but they carried trovata, troglodyte homonuclus, and some other decent labels. was gone in, like, three months.
Yeah, I remember Kamakazi. Walked in there twice and didn't really see much I liked, they totally gave off the wrong vibe too. They LOOKED more expensive than they actually were, deterring students I think. I don't even know what type of store could open in Kingston and do okay... I feel like the only way a good store could survive would be if like 75% of it was hipster **** and 25% of it was decent. Can't believe ****** blueprint is still around stocking their XL Fred Perry ****, Diesel, and Jack & Jones.

gwydion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Honestly Kit I couldn't really care less... I'm much more jealous of a SSense B&M opening in Montreal where I think the best actual clothing store in Calgary is either Leo (naked and famous, acne, nudie, weak W+H buy and some other random stuff) or Brooks Brothers. Seriously.
I hope it's actually opening soon. I think it's been a few years they've said they're going to be re-opening. I can't find anything online about them opening today which is odd, since I thought there would be a few posts about it somewhere. Unless the guy at customer service just threw another projected date at me.
Originally Posted by Aaron
I will give you cheese curds, bagels and montreal smoked meat. You get nothing else.
I've been to Toronto a few times and I'd say our women here are far better too. French/Euro girls <3

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am so thankful for Montreal as Ottawa is a dead town with ****** stores. Not looking forward to the winter. Might get some of that cdw that jet pushes.

Cheese1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Dear Canadians,

This will never be yours
smile.gif

In the immortal words of Borat, "you will never get this."

I'm actually going to uniqlo in a couple weeks, might pick up one of their crew neck sweaters if it's nice

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
i went to UNIQLO (nyc) for the first time last week...it was a let down
didnt buy one thing

I had a similar experience, did buy some themaltech basics though and some cords but I definitely think its over-hyped and wouldnt care if it actually opened in Canada or not.

Although the +J stuff that I saw wasnt too bad, just nothing in my size when I visited.

I've only been in TO for a few years but most people that I've meet that are from here are kinda boring, and did I mention that I hate canadian retail on designer ****, makes me miss socal even more.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear Canadians,
8789af9b.jpg

This will never be yours
smile.gif

is that a uniqlo?

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i would hope vancouver first, we've got the asian influence

quasky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
Yeah, I remember Kamakazi. Walked in there twice and didn't really see much I liked, they totally gave off the wrong vibe too. They LOOKED more expensive than they actually were, deterring students I think. I don't even know what type of store could open in Kingston and do okay... I feel like the only way a good store could survive would be if like 75% of it was hipster **** and 25% of it was decent. Can't believe ****** blueprint is still around stocking their XL Fred Perry ****, Diesel, and Jack & Jones.

it would have to be something like that 75/25 split. maybe a shop could stay afloat by selling tons of nudies and still stock some decent stuff on the side. just can't see a lot of queen's kids throwing down for ro, etc.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LA would be the most logical next NA location, and the next few on the list would be American cities as well

Kind of like In and Out Burger opening in NY ?

dvuuu

Reaction score
We could use one in the States, as well. There's one in New York but I could see one doing well in San Francisco or Chicago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads