• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why my tailor (Centofanti) is the best...

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
Pics:

What it's supposed to look like:

I don't see how someone could make this mistake. The jacket is also not as I expected. Sleeves are too long and there wasn't enough waist suppression. Should I ask that these be fixed free of cost?

The "what it is suppose to look like" picture is the cheap mass production method, not what a good tailor would do. The way Joe finished the sleeves is better.
If you need further adjustments, just ask. I am sure Centofanti would want you to be happy.

J. Cogburn

Reaction score

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Carl hit the nail on the head in that thread - Centofanti is a great guy and great tailor but you don't go to him for his style. It is a classic example of someone not knowing what they want and a tailor who's style is very outdated, unless the OP wanted that particular style suit.

Its been argued that you shouldn't micro manage a tailor and that you go to them for "their" style and not yours but this just looks to me like a off the rack Hickey suit (besides the strange vest). Not my cup of tea, I would rather micro manage Chan for half the price.

madcurry

Reaction score
I just placed an order for 4 dress shirts at Centofanti. I have been having alterations done there for about a year and decided to take the plunge. I have been unsatisfied with off the rack shirt fits lately. I have been losing weight and am now wearing a lot of Polo and Brooks Bros. Slim fit shirts but still don't feel right about sleeve length and shoulder fit.

Helen was great to work with and helped me pick out some nice material. If you guys are interested, I will post some fit pics in about 4 weeks.

Siggy

Reaction score
I've read here somewhere that the shirts are farmed out and neither Joe, Helen, nor anyone at Centofanti does the work. The shirts also got less than great reviews if I recall.

madcurry

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Siggy
I've read here somewhere that the shirts are farmed out and neither Joe, Helen, nor anyone at Centofanti does the work. The shirts also got less than great reviews if I recall.
Has anyone posted any pics or descriptions of the deficiencies? With that in mind, I will let you know how they come out. I learned a lot about my shirt measurements in the process so the experience is not a complete waste of time. They should certainly fit me better than any of the OTR stuff I have. The prices were fair and the fabric selection is quite good. I would probably end up spending as much getting an OTR shirt to fit well anyway.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
The "what it is suppose to look like" picture is the cheap mass production method, not what a good tailor would do. The way Joe finished the sleeves is better.
If you need further adjustments, just ask. I am sure Centofanti would want you to be happy.

I just saw your response. The funny thing is the "what it's suposed to look like" pictures are taken from the other sleeve. I don't know what the heck happened to the sport coat.

Anyway, a very late update: I haven't taken it back. He's too far away and I'm not happy with basic things with the sport coat. I don't like the button stance, it is too long for my liking. I've refined my tastes now and realized that I probably should not have kept it. I will probably sell it on B&S one of these days.

I am very happy with the alterations he did to my suit though. He is slow, but if you can wait, he's great.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just updating my experiences. I am completely happy with Centofanti and I haven't used a better tailor in the Philadelphia area. He recently did a rush job on a tux and had it done in a few days. It was done perfectly to my liking, without me having to fight with the tailor to get the job done as I wanted. The tailor have a great eye for what looks good and they're particularly good in getting trouser to fit you perfectly, which is a tough thing for my flat ass and skinny legs. I completely think it's worth it to pay slightly more than the average costs for peace of mind and quality service.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by S. Able
Did Lou help you out with the tuxedo?
Yes, Lou helped me out this time. The previous times I was there a Joe (the younger guy) was helping me out.

S. Able

Reaction score
Yes, Lou helped me out this time. The previous times I was there a Joe (the younger guy) was helping me out.

The young Joe had left. Last I spoke with him, he was looking into moving to New York to work there (he mentioned Corvato and Fioravanti). I don't know if he ever made the move or not.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just updating my experiences. I am completely happy with Centofanti and I haven't used a better tailor in the Philadelphia area. He recently did a rush job on a tux and had it done in a few days. It was done perfectly to my liking, without me having to fight with the tailor to get the job done as I wanted. The tailor have a great eye for what looks good and they're particularly good in getting trouser to fit you perfectly, which is a tough thing for my flat ass and skinny legs. I completely think it's worth it to pay slightly more than the average costs for peace of mind and quality service.
I think I was there when you were picking up your tux a month or so ago. Scary to run into a SF member face-to-face. I take all of my alterations to him including such lowly stuff as a pair of BR cords that didn't fit me right. I even brought him a BB GF suit that the BB tailor just couldn't get right.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics