• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who would wear these shoes and with what?

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
The shoes in the following pictures stopped me in my tracks with incredulity yesterday while out window shopping in Roppongi hills with the *****cat unit. I have no idea what the first pair are, but the gold ones in the second photo are Louis Vuitton.

Now, being rather familiar with the foppish tendencies of a certain segment of Japanese men, I can picture the type of person who might wear these, but I thought I'd put the question out to my fellow SFers:

blueandyellowshagreenshoes.jpg

louisvuittongoldshoes.jpg

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second pair: The Swedish contribution to the 1984 Eurovision song contest. An early boy-band.
snork[1].gif
I sort of generally like shagreen from a distance, but the seams, colours and general style of those two pairs of loafers turn me off them completely. If someone really made good money selling their sister, I imagine some of it would go towards the shoe to the right.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red

louisvuittongoldshoes.jpg

goldmemberdd41b07eb2.jpg

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I might wear the bottom pair to step foot on the moon. Other than that, I can't think of too many situations in which I would wear those. If this were the 80s, they would probably do a thriving trade amongst various members of Flock of Seagulls, Modern English, and Duran Duran.

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you pop over to SW&D you'll see that silver and gold shoes are all the rage right now with that crowd. As for the first two pair, I'm stumped.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would wear the blue ones. I would probably try to wear the yellow ones if I got them for free. I would not accept the gold ones, even for free.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good lord. The top ones are "same" correct? I can imagine the modern equivalent of some of those late Edo period stupidly-rich merchants that used to commission all those swords with the crazy pimp fittings, all gold shakudo and related pre-Meiji bling wearing those. Well, maybe not outside their house, like the merchants but still.
biggrin.gif
Edit: As for the gold ones, err, maybe a crazed leprechaun that decided to wear his pot 'o'gold?

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The blue and yellow pairs look like stingray skins.

Blue I could see with some casual linen pants. Yellow I'm not so sure, maybe at the poolside?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads