who plays chess?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ernest, Feb 24, 2005.

1. ernest

ernest Senior member

I am waiting for players ...........

2. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

I play, but very, very poorly. And I haven't played much since college.

My one claim to fame is I played Josh Waitzkin (the subject of the movie Searching for Bobby Fischer). It took him about 15 to 20 moves before I surrendered. I was quite pleased, he was beating everyone else in less than 10 moves. Maybe he was being nice to me though after all I did arrange the event.

3. ernest

ernest Senior member

Even Kasaparov needs 25 moves to beat a average player.

Nobody can beat me in 10 moves.

4. ernest

ernest Senior member

let's meet on Yahoo chess NOW

5. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

(topcatny @ Feb. 25 2005,02:50) I play, but very, very poorly. Â And I haven't played much since college. My one claim to fame is I played Josh Waitzkin (the subject of the movie Searching for Bobby Fischer). Â It took him about 15 to 20 moves before I surrendered. Â I was quite pleased, he was beating everyone else in less than 10 moves. Â Maybe he was being nice to me though after all I did arrange the event.
    I can't now, besides I am not ready for that kind of humiliation right now. It was amazing to watch him play, he was playing up to 15 people at a time and they were getting beatso easily it was scary.

6. ernest

ernest Senior member

(ernest @ Feb. 24 2005,20:57)
    I play, but very, very poorly. Â And I haven't played much since college. My one claim to fame is I played Josh Waitzkin (the subject of the movie Searching for Bobby Fischer). Â It took him about 15 to 20 moves before I surrendered. Â I was quite pleased, he was beating everyone else in less than 10 moves. Â Maybe he was being nice to me though after all I did arrange the event.
    I can't now, besides I am not ready for that kind of humiliation right now. It was amazing to watch him play, he was playing up to 15 people at a time and they were getting beatso easily it was scary.
    let's play