• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who has my shoes?

TexasToast

Reaction score
I finally ordered a pair of Dean Oxfords and supposedly they were delivered but to someone else according to the door tag. I went next door they know nothing so I get on the phone with FedEx and they are starting an investigation. I called Beckett Simenon and they want me to keep them in the loop this is really fd'up. A guy cant order a nice pair of shoes from the interwebs anymore geez.

UPDATE:

So I checked with the neighbor and they didn't have my package which leads me to believe that the courier has it and signed a fake name. FedEx has opened an investigation into the missing package, The person I spoke to today at FedEx called the depot and is supposed to dispatch the driver to the place it was dropped of. I don't know when this is going to happen but I gave them my contact info for a follow-up.

Ive contacted BS and and they told me to follow up with them which I did with a email detaining what happened. and attached documentation. I will follow up on Monday with a phone call to speak with someone instead of relying solely on email.

Last edited:

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You don't steal a man's new shoes. You need us to show up and wait for him?

gangsofnewyork-1000x600.jpg

maxalex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sympathize with your plight. Package theft has become a huge and growing problem, compounded by the existence of scammers who take delivery of a package, then claim it never arrived. Vendors and shippers are stuck in the middle, trying to sort out who's telling the truth.

The only good solution is to be home when packages are scheduled to arrive--admittedly inconvenient but perhaps more feasible these days now that more people are working from home. I hope your shoes arrive soon.

TexasToast

Reaction score
I sympathize with your plight. Package theft has become a huge and growing problem, compounded by the existence of scammers who take delivery of a package, then claim it never arrived. Vendors and shippers are stuck in the middle, trying to sort out who's telling the truth.

The only good solution is to be home when packages are scheduled to arrive--admittedly inconvenient but perhaps more feasible these days now that more people are working from home. I hope your shoes arrive soon.
Thank you very much package theft has become a plague upon some residents now not to mention people that try to scam the system. I can feel for a shipper being between a rock and a hard place when it comes to replacing stolen items.

Actually the better solution to being home and waiting for a delivery is to have the package re-routed to a pick up location like Walgreens, UPS locations etc. I actually tried to get the package re-routed prior to it being delivered but the app wouldn't let me login so I cant be faulted for trying and not being successful.

Im hoping that the claims process goes smoothly and I can say that FedEx has not stepped up to the plate to resolve this problem even after Ive provided details about this incident. I have better confidence in Beckett Simonon than a company that I've use dozens of times which is why I will be buying more products from them.

UPDATE #2
I called BS today and explained what happened and they stepped up to the plate and acknowledge my missing shoes and made it right. They will file a claim with FedExSucks and replace my shoes and ship them with a different shipper. I have to say Im very impressed by BS even thought I haven't received a pair of their shoes yet. Thank you BS for being an business that knows how to treat a customer.

Last edited:

TexasToast

Reaction score
UPDATE #3

Yesterday I come home to my apartment to find a note from my next-door neighbor saying that they do have my shoes wtf really. Several days ago I went there to find out if they had my shoes someone opened the do and said no. I retrieved my package and the box is open (may I ask why) So Monday I need to call BS and let them know that Ive retrieved the shoes and not to ship the replacements. I have to say if you can inform whomever you purchase your fashion from not to use FedEx the world would be better off.

Last edited:

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UPDATE #3

Yesterday I come home to my apartment to find a note from my next-door neighbor saying that they do have my shoes wtf really. Several days ago I went there to find out if they had my shoes someone opened the do and said no. I retrieved my package and the box is open (may I ask why) So Monday I need to call BS and let them know that Ive retrieved the shoes and not to ship the replacements. I have to say if you can inform whomever you purchase your fashion from not to use FedEx the world would be better off.

In the UK you can opt to ship to a local shop, dry cleaners or convenience stores usually, they hold the parcel until you collect with a text message/code, your neighbours sound sketchy!!!!

TexasToast

Reaction score
In the UK you can opt to ship to a local shop, dry cleaners or convenience stores usually, they hold the parcel until you collect with a text message/code, your neighbours sound sketchy!!!!
My neighbors are hella sketchy waiting 3 days to tell me that I have a package there. I tried to arrange different delivery methods but the app wouldnt let me. BS told me that they can use USPS next time since FedEx cant follow directions.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FedEx still better than UPS.

I have everything delivered to my office, as FedEx always asks for signature at commercial.

UPS is supposed to, but they fake it all the time. Last week I had a $750 pair of sunglasses delivered and the UPS guy entered it as signed for and delivered to the owner...who is out of town.

Last edited:

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FedEx still better than UPS.
Where I'm at it's the opposite.
Fedex is dead last from my customer perspective, and I have packages delivered almost every day.
Their shipping updates are always wrong, they often miss deliveries and then say in the notes that they can't access the property, when there's a phone right at the gate.
UPS has the follow my delivery feature so I can watch the truck via GPS on delivery day.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We just bought a new construction warehouse. New address.
After 6 weeks UPS is absolutely stupid and still gets lost half the time.
I called both FedEx and UPS on day 1 to explain how to find and updated Apple and Google Maps.
Get daily deliveries from both.
FedEx has had 0 problems. UPS atrocious. How you fail to find a 60k sq ft, 32' ceiling warehouse with giant address numbers on it on a major thoroughfare is beyond me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads