• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whnay.'s good taste thread

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm surprised by that.

Pleasantly surprised but more surprised.

The fleece vest over triple pleated wool gab trousers with a golf shirt (loud plaid buttondown 2 sizes too large if they are dressing up) is the official trader uniform.

Which, one could argue, falls into tailored clothing, in which case I would agree with you. Surprising, as I see that way more often than I would like to.

Edit: just remembered you are in finance, and I believe in S&T, so... You know. Preaching to the choir I am sure.

Last edited:

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
I wore penny loafers, cords, OCBD and a fleece vest to the office today.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The fleece vest over triple pleated wool gab trousers with a golf shirt (loud plaid buttondown 2 sizes too large if they are dressing up) is the official trader uniform.

Which, one could argue, falls into tailored clothing, in which case I would agree with you. Surprising, as I see that way more often than I would like to.

Edit: just remembered you are in finance, and I believe in S&T, so... You know. Preaching to the choir I am sure.

Not wearing a fleece vest is like writing with a red pen.

The rest of it isn't generally that bad IME. Granted I'm more vanilla so we gotta keep it fresh to compensate for our lack of advanced degrees.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stitchy, as mentioned in one of the other threads, I really like that fit, but - and I've been meaning to mention this for a while - I think you would benefit greatly from doing your close-ups less close up. As they are, it's hard to get a feel for how the stuff will come across IRL. The recently quoted Manton pic from post #1 is a good example of a good distance to judge coat/shirt/tie combos from, IMO :)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stitchy, as mentioned in one of the other threads, I really like that fit, but - and I've been meaning to mention this for a while - I think you would benefit greatly from doing your close-ups less close up. As they are, it's hard to get a feel for how the stuff will come across IRL. The recently quoted Manton pic from post #1 is a good example of a good distance to judge coat/shirt/tie combos from, IMO :)

thanks, K. very kind of you.

i hear what you are saying, and the only issue is that mantons arms are far longer than mine. i cant get that much into the frame with a selfie. ill try and ask the wife to do some belly button and above only pics, after the fit pics. maybe i can resolve this issue that way.

also, i do like to get the uber close up in there to really show the textures. hard to get that from a distance shot, thats why i put up both. but i will try and get some more distance in the distance pic. : )

scatterbrain

Reaction score
Possible combination for casual Friday. Yea or nea?

Colours are a little washed out in the picture. Everything should be a little darker. Tie is black knit, square end. Would probably add white cotton or linen square. Normally partial to linen, but I think I prefer cotton here.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78