• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which tie for engagement?

Jkhan82

Reaction score

He didn't say he was only buying one tie for everything; he just needed a tie for this particular event. Unless you already know that he has no other ties in his possession?

I have tons of ties, just not in Pink. I have another tie with hints of it, but nothing like these. I've never been a fan of this shade of "Pink" or to much "Pink" for that matter.

I really like tie #5 but not for this event, it doesn't seem to fit the occasion...—I'm keeping it though.

Jkhan82

Reaction score

#5 and then #2.
Rather than spending money shortening the sleeves of the shirt, find another shirt that's already the proper sleeve length but with a wider spread on the collar. You'll look much more "finished" with the collar points tucked away under your lapels rather than having them just floating around out there. Also, you might go back to Manny and have him slim the seat of the pants (or the upper part of the legs, hard to say from the pic.) to match the slim fit of the coat.

Thanks Digmenow, leaning towards #2 or #3

I had manny remove tons of fabric from the seat—though it could still use a tad more, he doesn't feel it needs anymore. I trust him.

Last edited:

facet

Reaction score

I have tons of ties, just not in Pink. I have another tie with hints of it, but nothing like these. I've never been a fan of this shade of "Pink" or to much "Pink" for that matter.
I really like tie #5 but not for this event, it doesn't seem to fit the occasion...—I'm keeping it though.

I was asking the question more facetiously, given GBR's silly comment.

lostron

Reaction score

1 and 5 are the best to my eye. And you don't have to match the cufflinks exactly- they certainly go well with any of the choices.

5 and 1 definitely... You have a dark completion and darker ties will not distract.. A light pink tie will look too sharp with a navy suit and will draw lots of attention to your knot nad not your face... also, I would tie a four in hand and you are showing too much cuff.

Jkhan82

Reaction score
So far the votes are:

1: 1 1 1
2: 1 1 1 1
3: 1 1 1
4:
5: 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

seems like a toss up with 2 or 5... though 5 is blowing past it. I just find the dark navy and dark gray off putting to my eyes...might just be me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads