• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which three colours would you choose for an all year long polo?

lsquare

Reaction score
I'm planning to buy at least two polos and possibly a third. I'm having trouble figuring out which colours would allow me to wear them all year long. I think I will get at least a white one for sure. Any suggestions for the second and third one? Thanks.

Btw, I'm leaning towards getting the RL Custom-fit polos.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy

then pick colors that fit your eye,hair, complexion

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would choose more than three, out of the fifty.

nighttrain7404

Reaction score
Black w/red logo, Blue w/White logo, White w/black logo

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider
RL doesn't have a pure navy colour and the closest one that they have is called newport navy.

http://www.polo.com/product/index.js...mily#selecttop

I have dark brown eyes and black hair. Which colour would you get if you were me? Brown or black?

Depending on your complexion but based on your eye hair; simply I would venture for:

1. to Navy as possible, it's always nice.
2. I'd rock a brown or tan..always good to have items that correlate with your eyes. Why do you think Daniel Craig in the New bond movie was in navy and all shades of blue.
3. Rock a Burgundy
4. Black as a 4th.

lsquare

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
Depending on your complexion but based on your eye hair; simply I would venture for:

1. to Navy as possible, it's always nice.
2. I'd rock a brown or tan..always good to have items that correlate with your eyes. Why do you think Daniel Craig in the New bond movie was in navy and all shades of blue.
3. Rock a Burgundy
4. Black as a 4th.

What do you think of the newport navy colour in polo's site? I'm Chinese and have somewhat white skin.

Right now the plan is to buy two long sleeve polos and two short sleeves. After doing something thinking, I'm leaning towards brown and navy. Should I buy the short and long sleeves in the same colours? Or go brown and navy for long sleeves and maybe white and black for the short sleeves? The only bad thing is that black is not a good colour for the summer time, but I'm a big fan of black.

WN2

Reaction score
Burgundy, navy and blue. Tan would probably be a fourth choice. My black and white polos get surprisingly little use.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you planning to wear with jeans? If so, I would not pick navy - too boring, no contrast. With brown eyes and dark hair, my top choices would be heather grey, deep green and orange (or red)

Larry Lean

Reaction score
I like 'heathery' shades.
Landsend did/do a nice heather Navy polo & a very nice heather Mid-Blue polo. They cost nothing, are free from logos, and can be used to clean the car windows when you grow bored with them.
I wouldn't pick solids of Navy, Black or White. I think you may find them more than a bit dull very quickly.
Burgundy and Bottle/Hunter Green are very nice choices for your colouring I think.
If you can get the right soft shades, Pink or Yellow are both very nice, but finding the right shades of both can be an endless quest.
Take time making your choice & have fun!

Larry.

lsquare

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Are you planning to wear with jeans? If so, I would not pick navy - too boring, no contrast. With brown eyes and dark hair, my top choices would be heather grey, deep green and orange (or red)

I do plan on wearing them with jeans every once in a while.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics