• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which movie are you dying to see?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quirk
I've heard good things about 'The Queen', and Helen Mirren in particular -- anyone seen it?

It's great and she's fantastic. I started a thread (that went nowhere...) about the movie and its great suits on the Men's Clothing forum a few weeks ago.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Last King of Scotland. I really want to see it this weekend

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Another vote for Last King of Scotland. I really want to see it this weekend

i have seen only a newspaper ad for this movie, a couple weeks ago. anyone know anything about it? (he asks for the second time...)

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by faustian bargain
i have seen only a newspaper ad for this movie, a couple weeks ago. anyone know anything about it? (he asks for the second time...)

http://www.timeout.com/newyork/Detai...f_scotland.xml

I'm a huge fan of Forrest Whitaker and want to see him in what some consider one of his very best performances (although the movie itself did not seem to fully convince crtics)

koobalicious

Reaction score
There's so many movies I want to see. I did just see the trailer for Flushed Away and it looks like a good CG animation movie. Interestingly enough, it's from the guys that did the Wallace and Gromit movies, but it's not claymation

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Running With Scissors, has piqued my interest.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439289/
scissors.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I just saw the Spidey 3 trailer... and big nerd and comic book / Spiderman fan that I am, it has me all excited to see it.

The gratuitous American flag shot and the weird "Sandman kills uncle Ben" twist notwithstanding:

LOOK AT THE SYMBIOTE SUIT!!!!! Goddamn right!

I want to see the fight between spidey/peter and Goblin 2/Harry as well... should kick ass.

I am such a sucker.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I just saw the Spidey 3 trailer....

wow, being the uber nerd that you are I thought you would've seen the trailer months ago.....I guess we're not getting Venom in #3, just Eddie Brock (who had a split second cameo in #1 if you caught it). My guess is #3 will end with the symbiote creeping itself onto Topher Grace....and the next question is will Toby M resign a contract to do #4 (I heard he only locked into doing 3 movies)

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
wow, being the uber nerd that you are I thought you would've seen the trailer months ago.....

I've been trying to avoid most spidey info, but "months ago"? Was the trailer leaked that early? They just released it! Like this week!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yea i think i first saw the trailer close to 2 months ago....get with it man!
Weird. Cause iFilm didn't get it until 10/31. And so far the trailer is an iFilm exclusive until they unveil it on TV during Real World/Road Rules on MTV later on this month. Maybe you are thinking about the teasers, which have been out for a few months. The new trailer is 2:32 seconds long, the teaser is less than 2 minutes. The New trailer shows the venom symbiote attaching itself to Peter Parker, Spider Man battling Sandman, and Spider Man battling Harry Osborne/Goblin2. http://www.ifilm.com/presents/spiderman3 Either that or you just have some serious inside info. Most of the CGI for the film probably wasn't even completed 2 months ago They just started Post in July...

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wow, being the uber nerd that you are I thought you would've seen the trailer months ago.....I guess we're not getting Venom in #3, just Eddie Brock (who had a split second cameo in #1 if you caught it). My guess is #3 will end with the symbiote creeping itself onto Topher Grace....and the next question is will Toby M resign a contract to do #4 (I heard he only locked into doing 3 movies)

Would be pretty hard to turn down 20+mil a movie. I doubt he can bank that much in anything other than the Spiderman franchise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads