1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Which movie are you dying to see?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by imageWIS, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

pretty much, but 'groundhog day'? i know a lot of people love this one but i don't see the appeal. andie mcdowell?
    Its a very spiritual movie. I tend to like movies that allegorically or metaphorically allow one to explore several layers at once while remaining accessable to everyone. Groundhog Day may be one of the most multifaceted and uniquely written movies I've ever seen, and Andie McDowell has very little to do with it. Blade Runner and Groundhog Day are both really movies about God, when you get right down to it. Just coming at it from different perspectives.

2. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

3. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I refuse to get in to a discussion about BR's merits. Suffice to say that is it a film not a movie (to quote a friend of mine). The themes and layering run very VERY deep. And Mr Olmos hardly does anything other than act as a chorus would, merely nudging things in a direction.

4. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

I refuse to get in to a discussion about BR's merits. Suffice to say that is it a film not a movie (to quote a friend of mine). The themes and layering run very VERY deep. And Mr Olmos hardly does anything other than act as a chorus would, merely nudging things in a direction.

It's based on PKD; 'nuff said.[​IMG]

koji

5. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

The Wind That Shakes the Barley

That is, if we can ever get a sitter ... [​IMG]

I don't know if you get it, but this movie is actually available for me On Demand. I have Comcast. They are running it simultaneously with the theatrical release. I haven't watched it yet; it's supposed to be excellent, but depressing.

6. most_def

most_def Well-Known Member

The Namesake. I heard its really good. sad, but good. I like movies that make me think and reflect on my life. These days its hard to come by.

7. Kevin

Kevin Senior member

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters

8. fortune

fortune Senior member

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters

I heard that sucked. Anyone seen the previews for the new movie Balls of Fury or what ever? With Christopher Walkin? Comes out in sept. and looks pretty funny, at least to me.

9. dusty

dusty Senior member

While ATHF itself was not that great, I laughed harder than I have ever laughed in a theater during the intro.

10. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

I've just watched 'Starter for ten' and really enjoyed it. More so than 'History boys' which is the closest in terms of being a young-man-going-to-university-coming-of-age sort of picture. Even though the latter sort of hovers around my alma mater, the implicit acceptance of pederasty was a bit off putting, plus most of them were posh nonces as we would say.

11. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

Anybody seen Hot Fuzz yet?

12. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Damn I really want to see that. Lots of good people in it.

13. fortune

fortune Senior member

Could've gone last saturday w/ some friends but decided not to. They said it was hilarious. Though, tomorrow night 2 friends and I, are going to see The Condemned. Yeah it looks cheesy as hell to me but I need another one of those flicks. I'll probably see Hot Fuzz sometime soon.

14. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

People will either love or hate Hot Fuzz. I thought it was hiliarious, but I can see some people finding some parts a little too weird for their tastes. Some jokes fall flat, but overall I liked it.

15. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

Histoire(s) du cinema! Gaumont just released a fully sub-titled DVD and I'm just waiting on it to arrive. Definitely the most important film I'll watch in some time.

I also received this credit card-esque thing from Carmike cinemas which grants unlimited lifetime access to their theaters, so I'll probably start seeing more popcorn schlock. Hot Fuzz. [​IMG]

16. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Yes and it's AWESOME. This is most fun and the most laughs I've had at the movies in a long long while. Absolute must see [​IMG]

Much much better than Grindhouse in the spoof category (IMO)

17. Man In Space

Man In Space Senior member

Yes and it's AWESOME. This is most fun and the most laughs I've had at the movies in a long long while. Absolute must see [​IMG]

+100

18. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Will people PLEASE go see Hot Fuzz. Stupid title but awesome movie. I can't believe so few people are talking about HF around here!!

19. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

Will people PLEASE go see Hot Fuzz. Stupid title but awesome movie. I can't believe so few people are talking about HF around here!!
    gdl203, i want you to know that i saw this yesterday based on your recommendation alone. i did not see any trailer or commercial for it, and had no idea what it was about. it was a bad movie with a good joke thrown in every 20 minutes or so, and i regret not having walked out. i will never take a film recommendation from you again.

regards,

mp

20. stylish

stylish Well-Known Member

300 for sure. It seems so good, I feel like a fool that I haven't already seen it.