• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Allen Edmonds to add next!?

New2Suits

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the forum and new to wearing a suit for that matter.. but am now in a position that requires it 5 days per week. I've read a lot of great advice on this forum and others, so first off- thank you for that! Being from Wisconsin, and a little over an hour from Port Washington, Allen Edmonds seem to be a no-brainer. They have their anniversary sale at the moment, so drove to the shoe bank to check things out after doing quite a bit of research.. Here's what I got-

1- Black Park Avenues
2- Dark Chili Fifth Avenues
3- Walnut Strands

They are all seconds.. but if I can't see the difference, I'm okay with that. I got these three pairs of shoes, 3 matching belts, 3 pairs of AE shoe trees, leather conditioner, matching polish in each color, black and chili edge dressing, a couple shoe horns, and 3 large and 3 small horsehair brushes, all for under 1000 dollars after taxes out the door. I cannot complain about that, and an very happy thus far. I went straight to my local cobbler to have them conditioned and shined for the first time.. would like to build that relationship, as he'll likely be the one servicing them in the future.

That all said, what's next!? I'd ideally like to add 2 more to the rotation, so any one pair is only worn once each week on average.. (I do have a black, brown, and tan beater pairs of nunn bushes and a few nunn bush loafers in brown and black. (Why nunn bush?- not intentional..they were relatively comfortable and inexpensive shoes for when I needed them) I plan to keep the nunn bushes for bad weather.) I like the McAllisters, also think I should have a tradtional brown shoe in there. I like the oxblood color as well.. My black Park Aves are all I need for 'formal'.. so don't mind having a bit more fun- the Walnut Strands will get the most use of what I have so far. I think I've got a great firsr three pair and were what I wanted, but not sure where to go from here. Any advice appreciated!

paxonus

Reaction score
Depending on your needs, you might consider some suedes like the Cavanaugh loafer and the Dundee in some shade of brown.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads