• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to get good slim-fit shirts (that are actually slim fit)?

bpt233506

Reaction score
Hey all, first post here.

I am not particularly a style conscious person, nor do I wear expensive clothing. However, when it comes to dress shirts, I know what I am looking for and I am constantly having a hard time finding it. I've wasted so much money lately buying shirts that I thought fit me well but ended up realizing they are always too big after a day of wearing. I must be a particularly small and/or out of proportion person as slim fit shirts typically still look very big on me and make me look like I'm drowning in material. My neck size is 15" or 15.5" if I am gonna be buttoning it up but my body should probably have the neck of a 14.5" or so. I'm around 5' 11" 150lbs.

My job now requires me to wear business casual every day and I so I've been looking to purchase a bunch of shirts. It seems like "extreme" or "extra" slim/trim fit shirts are the only ones that look "slim" on me. I recently bought a trim-fit Nordstrom shirt from Nordstorm rack and it fits me well. I also picked up a Calibrate extra trim fit shirt for less than $20 and it fits me very nice and snug.

So in short I am looking of recommendations on where to get actual slim-fit (or even extra slim-fit) shirts with button-down collars? I'm kinda really partial to button-down collars now because I really like the stiff collar look and not that flaccid wide open look. I also really want the shirt to be 100% cotton, MAYBE a tiny bit of stretch material if it is a really snug shirt. I really don't want to spend more than maybe $50 a shirt but I will go a bit higher for a high quality shirt that fits me well once and for all.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Wayward

Reaction score
Words like "slim" and "extreme" are really marketing. At the end of the day, you should know the measurements of your best fitting shirts for comparison purposes. Buy a cloth measuring tape, and measure the hell out of things that fit.

TM Lewin now has 4 lines, and based on their measurements the "Fitted" and "Super Fitted" lines are crazy trim. That may be a place to start. Usually they are 4 for £100, but often there are sales of 5 for £100.

http://www.tmlewin.co.uk/Size-Chart-Tabs/Size-Chart-Tabs,en_GB,pg.html

Don't know if there's a huge difference between the UK and US site.

Alternatively, there's Charles Tyrwhitt as well. Their "Extra Slim Fit" are also trim:

http://www.ctshirts.com/Formal-shirts-sizing-guide?cnt=sizing-guides&cm_sp=FT-SizingGuides

Brlee898

Reaction score
I like the Milano fit shirts from Brooks Brothers. You can snag them at good prices either during a 3 for $199 sale or the 30% off corporate sale. Here's a sizing chart.

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/on/d...e/default/Page-Show?cid=mens-shirts-fit-guide

Uniqlo non-iron shirts are nice as well. You'll have to replace them every now and then, but their slim fit is cheap and more durable than the other fast fashion brands.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads