• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where To Find XSmall Clothing For Men

Jayhawk1412

Reaction score
Well the brands I know of that fit smaller men would have to be:

Ben Sherman
Hugo Boss
Diesel
Energie
Penguin

Basically, any jeans and most shirts are going to need to be tailored in order to fit you correctly. Go to Nordstrom and they do a lot of free tailoring if you buy items at regular price. They also sell a very wide variety at Nordstrom.com with smaller sizes.

jskidder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jayhawk1412
Well the brands I know of that fit smaller men would have to be:

Ben Sherman
Hugo Boss
Diesel
Energie
Penguin

Basically, any jeans and most shirts are going to need to be tailored in order to fit you correctly. Go to Nordstrom and they do a lot of free tailoring if you buy items at regular price. They also sell a very wide variety at Nordstrom.com with smaller sizes.

i am an xs and nothing any of those brands makes fits small enough for me. nor would i wear it if it did because they are all cheap ****, but thats beside the point. there are brands that do fit small guys, you just won't find them at the average department store and you have to be willing to spend more $$ in most cases. i wear lots of BoO, dior, japanese brands (attachment, n. hoolywood, viridi-anne, etc), geller, jil sander and the occasional item i find that runs small or can be found in an xs (dries van noten, NdG, rick owens, number nine, viktor & rolf or b.son come to mind). basically its not really all that hard to find stuff that fits, you just have to be willing to pay for it. and 99% of the stuff i see people suggesting that "fits small" really doesn't if you are truly an xs. and you also need to be able to deal with the realization that there are some brands that you will never be able to wear no matter how much you dig their stuff (for me it usually margiela).

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jskidder
and you also need to be able to deal with the realization that there are some brands that you will never be able to wear no matter how much you dig their stuff (for me it usually margiela).

...don't say that, you're breaking my heart.
cry.gif

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cazualFashion
By the way. If this is not small enough, Sherman are bringing out all their shirt in XS from Spring 09.

See previous comments on their sleeves. I now have three practically new Ben Sherman shirts I can't wear anymore because I started working out a bit and now the sleeves are too tight. They will be up for sale soon.

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
Thick as Thieves did some amazing jumpers recently in xs that fit me perfectly (same size chest as you). Hopefully They are bringing out shirts in the same size soon, so keep an eye out.

Also, I have shirts from a few years back when I lived in London from H&M that fit amazingly. So if you can get to a shop, that's alsways worth checking out. You have to try each one on though, as they fit differently...

Brent86

Reaction score
Hey, this post was awesome by the way. There was some really good advice on the brands. I on the other hand, am trying to look for some more alternative looks. A little on the rock and roll side, but I can't seem to find any quality brands out there carrying XSmall.
One style in particular, that I need is the casual dress shirt - military style, with the two chest pockets and the shoulder strap buttons on the shoulders. Here's an example from Gap: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...2&actFltr=true

I've ordered from their website before for a XSmall, but of course the sleeves are huge and flappy. Does anybody know of any brands that carry that particular style shirt in a decently sized XSmall? My Chest is about 34.

I've tried Urban Outfitters too. No luck.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Topman has had these the past couple of seasons and the sleeves are slim. They go down to XXS.

hi-val

Reaction score
Just noticed that Banana Republic started carrying XS, for what that's worth.

Ozarks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbaquiran
^ Topman has had these the past couple of seasons and the sleeves are slim. They go down to XXS.

I actually found their sleeves to be quite billowy in XS. Compared to other button downs I've tried, it feels like I'm swimming in them. The body of the shirt is great with a 34" chest though so I usually just keep the sleeves rolled.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads