• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to buy Polo Ralph Lauren in Canada?

sumone

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First time poster here at styleforum, seems like a pretty cool place. Anywho does anyone know where to buy Polo by Ralph Lauren in Toronto aside from The Bay?

Thx

funk_soul_brother

Reaction score
I have no idea where specifically, but I can assure you that there is LOTS of it there. So, don't fret -- you'll definitely find some good, cheap Polo if you look around.
smile.gif

Pressfan

Reaction score
The Bay will no longer be carrying Polo after this month; they have been clearing the remaining stock for the last month or two.

It appears that Holt Renfrew will have some sort of exclusive arrangement with Ralph Lauren here in Canada as the Toronto and Montreal Holt's will be opening Polo shops in shops shortly (not sure about other locations).

fatherseanfan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pressfan
It appears that Holt Renfrew will have some sort of exclusive arrangement with Ralph Lauren here in Canada as the Toronto and Montreal Holt's will be opening Polo shops in shops shortly (not sure about other locations).
Oh great. Add another good brand to the "wayyyyyyy overpriced in Canada" list.

Pressfan

Reaction score
Oh great. Add another good brand to the "wayyyyyyy overpriced in Canada" list.
I was talking to a friend who works at the Bloor St. Holt Renfrew today and she confirms that Ralph Lauren has made an arrangement with Holt's for them to be the exclusive vendor of RL in Canada. It is definitely being pulled from the Bay and other retailers. Holt's will carry Blue Label, Black Label and Purple Label. As part of the arrangement, Holt's will not renew the lease of the in-store Lacoste boutique after February 2007 - supposedly Ralph does not want the competition! When I suggested that Polo sportswear seemed a little downscale for HR, she also confirmed that the prices would be increasing. She is dubious as to how Purple Label will do as she noted that all three lines would be sold together in the same area. She can't see people seeing what appears to be the same item in Blue Label and Purple Label and paying three times the price for Purple as for Blue. In any event, Ralph is supposedly very excited with the arrangement and no doubt there will be much promotion this fall.

Harami

Reaction score
Does that mean that Ralph Lauren will be discounted at the Bay? I'm going into Toronto next week and wouldn't mind stopping off at the flagship downtown if that's the case to pick up some polos and sweaters. It's a shame about Holt Renfrew and the prices going up, especially because Polo.com doesn't ship to Canada.

Pressfan

Reaction score
The Bay on Queen St. (Toronto) has all remaining Polo items reduced from 30-50%. Things are pretty picked over and they really have not had any new items for quite some time. They appear to have brought out a lot of old stock: perhaps clearing out whatever was left in the system. There were a fair number of sweaters, though, mostly cotton, and some polo shirts left. Shirts, both dress and sport, are sparse. There do seem to be quite a few chinos, though.

Firefox

Reaction score
Sorry to bump an ancient thread. Can anyone confirm if Holt Renfrew still carries Ralph Lauren Polo? Or the RL black/purple lines, for that matter?

Their website doesn't list Ralph Lauren under "brands", but their website (as with many brick & mortar retailers) is somewhat lacking in useful information.

steezy

Reaction score
Last time I was at Holts on Bloor they had RLBL and RLPL in the same area. I don't recall seeing any Blue Label, but it wasn't something I was looking for.

Firefox

Reaction score
Good to know. I have a cousin who works for Holt, and apparently staff get a 25-50% discount on everything sold there. I've never really spent much time there before as it is generally overpriced IMO, but a discount may change that equation. Maybe it's time I give her a call and treat her to lunch or something...
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads