• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where do you guys buy scarves?

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I plan to get some new scarves to replace my old ones, which I honestly don't remember where I got them (maybe nordstrom) but they are woolen. Where do you guys shop online for better quality scarves in such organic fibers as cashmere and silk? How about some brands or manufacturers specializing in scarves (as opposed to designer names)? Much appreciated.
teacha.gif

VictorJB

Reaction score
anywhere with good quality cashmere scarves or wool ones and for a good price... check out the district in nyc for good priced scarves, esp now before they become high in demand and cant find the style and color you want.

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J Press for my oft-worn navy and gold schoolboy wool scarf and infrequently worn silk patchwork scarf. I used to have a great cashmere Black Watch scarf from Brooks which unfortunately went missing last winter.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Drake's and JPress as above, but keep an eye on Sierra Trading Post for good prices on (often rebadged) Scottish scarves in cashmere and wool. If you want to pony up the cash, Begg cashmere is supposed to be the bee's knees.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ede & Ravenscroft always has some really cool silk scarves with interesting patterns, every year. I have several from them and they're always fun to wear.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Drakes...

GBer

Reaction score
Online - direct from seller (Burberry, etc), Yoox

Store - depends on where you live, NM, BG, Saks, or a boutique

prefer cashmere + silk blend

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBer
prefer cashmere + silk blend
And your reason of the heart is? I thought cashmere in itself is a better mix of warmth and luxe? Silk is too dressy no? Also, what are some scarf patterns/designs I should strive to have? This is for anyone who can comment. The winter here is absolutely brutal.

hermes man

Reaction score
i bought mine from Hermes 375$us

100% silk .. but rarely use it tho because i live in a hot country..

but their cashmere one looks nicer but cost 1000$us onwards for cashmere scarves

GBer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pantisocrat
And your reason of the heart is? I thought cashmere in itself is a better mix of warmth and luxe? Silk is too dressy no? Also, what are some scarf patterns/designs I should strive to have? This is for anyone who can comment. The winter here is absolutely brutal.

Winter here I would not call brutal. For me it's about the fabric feel. Mostly cashmere with about 20-30% silk. It's difficult to differentiate visually from the 100% cashmere until you feel it. It's for work, so a bit dressy is fine. Casually there are other options. If it's really brutal, you should consider function over form. Why not polartec? Or the really thick heavy wools?

DCPHIL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pantisocrat
I plan to get some new scarves to replace my old ones, which I honestly don't remember where I got them (maybe nordstrom) but they are woolen. Where do you guys shop online for better quality scarves in such organic fibers as cashmere and silk? How about some brands or manufacturers specializing in scarves (as opposed to designer names)? Much appreciated.
teacha.gif

In my view, one only needs a single scarf that's appropriate for the season. Invest in a timeless, high quality piece and it'll last foreover. Look for final markdowns at major stores -- NM, Bergdorf and Saks. I scored a phenomenal Hermes scarf at the end of season sale at Neiman's in DC. Pricey yes, but nothing like $1K. I think it was around $300 after the markdowns. Good luck.

wetnose

Reaction score
I believe Alex Begg is the actual mill in Scotland that makes the Hermes scarves - carried by fourinhand.com, a forum regular.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads