• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where can I find a coat like this?

jkc350z

Reaction score
Looking for an overcoat like the black one. Smaller lapels, slim fitting, and falls at the knees or right above...not too much higher. Thanks guys

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
If you are going cheap you can try Merc, a step up is Charles Tyrwhitt, beyond that you have many more options. It is called a covert coat.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could also try Club Monaco - they've been doing similar coats for a couple of years now.

jkc350z

Reaction score
thanks, im looking for a black one. Will merc ship to the us? the usa online store doesnt have the covert coats.

jkc350z

Reaction score
also, most covert coats im seeing have three buttoms..do any have 2 buttons and thinner lapels? i really like that look in the original pic. correct me if i am wrong in thinking that that coat is a 2button with thinner lapels....also lookin for wool look and fabric.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Plenty of stores carry the full Merc line in the US. Kuhlman in Seattle has them so I am sure if you look at stores in your area (provided you live in a medium to large city) you will find some place that has them. Try www.99xnyc.com. I don't know about two buttons. It is technically an overcoat so I doubt you are going to find one with less than three. Maybe you need to go bespoke.

jkc350z

Reaction score
i see...i just love how it tapers in and the length is perfect...most coats i keep finding are 3/4 that go right below the butt

Wicky

Reaction score
I have a Caruso (black & grey herringbone) and that would be an excellent choice, very slim fit and narrow lapels.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads