• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

where can i find a buttondown shirt that is really short in length?

obeserabbit

Reaction score
i'm pretty short (5'4) and buttondown shirts tend to be way too long for me. any suggestions on brands which offer slim shirts with something like <26" length?

is my only option to get my shirts tailored?

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tailors are the way, I'm 5'2 and have the same problem, always.

Also, if you have problems with a slim fit, I would suggest not to be afraid of going women's, as long as you are careful with what you buy you might be in for a treat fit-wise. Just look out for tiny collars, rounded collars and other feminen things (bib collar, floral embroidery, too much room for bust).

obeserabbit

Reaction score
hmm girth as in waist? my waist is around 31 and my chest/shoulders are pretty broad.

i've never thought of buying women's shirts, thx for the suggestion

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
black fleece buttondowns are 2-3&quot; shorter than other buttondowns in the same size.

dano

Reaction score
Black fleece is made by Brooks Brothers, though it is only carried in select stores. You can find it on the BB sight, but its kind of a pain to navigate to individual items.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have heard about a designer called the search function. TONS of short buttondowns.

gearhead

Reaction score
just go into the boys section, the shirts there are always short, i tend to go with xl or l in boys and fits me fine, no need for tailor.

bierz

Reaction score
If you have a Zara around you, check them out. I have two shirts from them, both are very short. Some people here don't like the quality, but they're not very expensive either.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would guess that it would cost around $10-15 to shorten the hem on a shirt at a tailor. I'd focus on finding a good shirt you like, then have it altered.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads