• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where can I buy cheap grosgrain watch straps?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
nothing came up on eBay.... BTW...since today is my birthday, I am willing to accept them as gifts
smile.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
A question you need to ask the Trads

they.scare.me.

I found an old Skagen watch in a drawer - kind of forgot I had it actually...thought a new band may give it a new lease on life
smile.gif

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
nothing came up on eBay....

BTW...since today is my birthday, I am willing to accept them as gifts
smile.gif

if you want cheap nylon ones, you can get them from amazon. if you want to silk grosgrain ones, check the trads at AAAC, or just go to J. Press or BB and pony up for them.

I "think" the j press ones are silk grosgrain, but they may be nylon as well. BB appears to be nylon online, but you may find silk in a major store (like in Manhattan)

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
they.scare.me. I found an old Skagen watch in a drawer - kind of forgot I had it actually...thought a new band may give it a new lease on life
smile.gif

They're a lot less dangerous if you grow up amongst them and know their language, customs and native garb. They do know where the Preppy goods are buried though. J. Press doesn't have them? Oh, and Happy Birthday

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I bought a grosgrain strap from a Toywatch counter in a mall once... not bad for its price. And some dive shops here also sell watch straps, fwiw.

and happy birthday, old boy.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
http://www.centralwatch.com/ 5 for $30
I think those are the guys I linked to on Amazon; didn't know they had a direct site. I have navy-red-navy; navy-white; and red-white-blue (or maybe that's navy). I use them with one of those cheap $18-25 watches you can get at a military surplus store or website.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
They're actuall called NATO straps and they're all over ebay.
this man haz da smartz but this man...
http://www.centralwatch.com/ 5 for $30
haz da hookupz thanks all
smile.gif
ps - I hate you all for not buying me birthday gifts. I'm a mod goddammit, don't you people appreciate the value of blackmail?

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between regular nylon straps, grosgrain, and ZULU/NATO style straps?

NATO straps also drop under one side of the watch and come up the other. The watch sits high. Make sure this is what you want.

PVDdims.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member