• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Alpha11

Reaction score
They would more than likely sale off BF to a another retailer than to do a 90% mark down. Marshalls or someone like that would just buy out the remaining stock at wholesale rather than mess with price dropping. I think it is a good move as I never really cared for Mr. Brown's sense of style anyway. Too trendy which to me means buy today and give away tomorrow. I want my wardrobe to have staying power. So, I will stick with their mainline and leave the high-water pants to the younger group of kids.

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a huge BBBF fan, except for the OCBDs. I'm going to miss those.

Last edited:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some have already trickled down to Marshalls... which is why I assume there's a ton being flipped on eBay with the red mark on the tag.

WSW

Reaction score

Some have already trickled down to Marshalls... which is why I assume there's a ton being flipped on eBay with the red mark on the tag.

I've seen Black Fleece items at the Marshalls in Pentagon City. It was a bit jarring to find them amid all the Tommy Hilfiger and other mass market lower tier suits.

518aata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not a huge BBBF fan, except for the OCBDs. I'm going to miss those.

+1. I'm sorry to see the line end. I have at least a dozen of the shirts -- oxford cloth and broadcloth. The fabrics were very high quality. But I like the pants even more. They are the perfect mix of a traditional rise with a slim cut -- a combination that is very difficult to find. There have been many wacky patterns over the years that I can't imagine anyone bought, but I found plenty of normal blues, greys, khakis, herringbones, etc., and good deals were to be had at the end of every season.

DeathandTaxes

Reaction score
AFAIK discontinued & out of season/out of size items go to the 346 outlets.

I had a nice conversation with my local outlet store manager and she bemoaned the fact they hadn't received any main line suits or coats for well over a year and a half; however, they still get shirts, ties, and other items. This confirmed that it wasn't just my feeling that the local outlet stores (at least in my region) aren't getting the same quality of merchandise as they had received in the past.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nexalynanmeldelserno1