• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's that doodad hanging from the garb of all the "dudes"?

deedub

Reaction score
I noticed that a lot of the hipsters waddling down the streets have some kind of a strap hanging from their hip. Does anyone know whether this has some kind of function, or signify something, or is it just "monkey see, monkey do"? Or do guys have gender confusion, and it's that time of the month?
laugh.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It's probably called "a belt". Just a guess.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think you know what a hipster is..... hipsters don't wear baggy jeans

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
I don't think you know what a hipster is..... hipsters don't wear baggy jeans

Sometimes they do, if they're built like 14 year old girls, which is often the case.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cldpsu
Sometimes they do, if they're built like 14 year old girls, which is often the case.

Actually, I think hipsters who are built like 14 year old girls probably wear 10 year old girl's jeans.

I believe what the OP is talking about is a "gangsta". They oftentimes wear really baggy jeans, which they "sag". A common accessory is an extremely long belt, which will be fastened normally, but will have a long portion of the balt hanging down. I can't find a picture, but it was really popular with those woven leather belts back when I was younger.

deedub

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Actually, I think hipsters who are built like 14 year old girls probably wear 10 year old girl's jeans.

I believe what the OP is talking about is a "gangsta". They oftentimes wear really baggy jeans, which they "sag". A common accessory is an extremely long belt, which will be fastened normally, but will have a long portion of the balt hanging down. I can't find a picture, but it was really popular with those woven leather belts back when I was younger.

Yeah, gangsta is the look I'm talking about. Sorry to have caused any confusion. From the back it looks like a fabric strap hanging down to about the crotch (of the pants; who knows where their crotches really are!) I'm afraid to let them see me looking at them from the front. "Are you lookin' at me?"

ShaunB

Reaction score
Might be referring to a lanyard, I know a lot of people that let them hang out of their pocket.

EDIT: Nevermind.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
one of those key rings that is supposed to be worn around the neck, but shoved in the pocket for extra coolness? Kinda like this Ferrari one, only more likely to say something cooler?
neckring.jpg
edit - hey I see someone else knows what theyre actually called. A lanyard. There we go...i learned something today.

vettloffah

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ShaunB
Might be referring to a lanyard, I know a lot of people that let them hang out of their pocket.

EDIT: Nevermind.

I was going to say this too. they hang their keys on their pants because their pockets are too small

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe dey jus tryna show dey colaz

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kinda an embarassing story, but once someone asked me what the "doodad" was hanging from my hip. As it turns out, I had neglected to zip my fly after having excused myself to the mens room, and my large, pendulous male organ had since unfurled and was swinging about my knees! My friends teased me for weeks afterwards! lol

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Kinda an embarassing story, but once someone asked me what the "doodad" was hanging from my hip. As it turns out, I had neglected to zip my fly after having excused myself to the mens room, and my large, pendulous male organ had since unfurled and was swinging about my knees! My friends teased me for weeks afterwards! lol

is it as thin as a lanyard?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads