• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's a good cell phone these days?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Looking for phones on the Verizon network. Looking at env3 and latest BB Curve...any advice?

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my adult students has an LG Dare. I tried it out today and it seems very good. It's a touchscreen device but it has haptic feedback. If you don't mind touchscreen phones, I would recommend it. It is much easier to type on than the iPhone, in my experience.

Or, if you don't mind waiting. I hear the Palm Pre will come to Verizon in 6 months to a year.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got the Curve. Happy with it overall but it does freeze every now and then.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Good feedback thanks. Keep it coming!
smile.gif

Asterix

Reaction score
I have a BB curve on AT&T via my business account and so far it is a decent phone as it does all that is required of it by me and I'm thinking of switching my personal account (currently using an HTC S740) to Verizon to try out the BB Storm but some of the reviews I've been reading on the Storm has been abit discouraging.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Android OS (if you like Google/Gmail)-- TMobile G1
ATT-- iphone 3Gs
Sprint-- Palm pre
Blackberry Curve

Regards.

xpress

Reaction score
I've got a blackberry bold (like the big 3G brother to the curve), and an iPhone....

I have two close friends who manage cell phone retail outlets, so I've always got the inside scoop...

The latest Iphone (better camera, voice recognition, landscape typing, ect...) is coming out VERY soon... That will be extremely hard to beat.

I prefer my iPhone to my blackberry for everything but emailing (push vs pull systems... google it)

After about two weeks, you will be able to type as fast on the iPhone as the berry...

I dated a girl with the aforementioned LG Dare... and it did many of the things the iPhone did, but with the available apps, it wasnt really even close...

Best of luck!

Asterix

Reaction score
187 is is right about the availability of many phones if on GSM. Aside from my current BB Curve thanks to my business account, I have only used unlocked international GSM phone on my personal account with At&t account. Check out this site where I buy my GSM phones from.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asterix
187 is is right about the availability of many phones if on GSM. Aside from my current BB Curve thanks to my business account, I have only used unlocked international GSM phone on my personal with At&t account. Check out this site where I buy my GSM phones from.

Thank you Asterix. Finally I get some recognition!

I advise you to purchase the Nokia N97..most drool worthy thing ever. There's also a Sony Xperia X2 coming out soon. There are many alternatives to what has been named. No offense to the people who have posted, but all the phones that have been named are not all that good.

Asterix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
Thank you Asterix. Finally I get some recognition! I advise you to purchase the Nokia N97..most drool worthy thing ever. There's also a Sony Xperia X2 coming out soon. There are many alternatives to what has been named. No offense to the people who have posted, but all the phones that have been named are not all that good.
My pleasure.
smile.gif
Nokia phones are outstanding. I've had the 9300i, 9500 and the last Nokia I had was the Nokia E90 Communicator which I sold about 3 months ago. I am currently awaiting the release of the Toshiba TG01.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads