• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV show should I get obsessed with?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
Fringe basically = X Files right?
No. No aliens. Similar type of Mulder/Scully chemistry but the kicker is the parallel dimension/crazy scientist angle. It takes a few episodes to get going but is definitely worth a watch. The 3rd season just started and it really amped up the weirdness. In a good way. Plus, its really the only good ScFi show on TV at the moment. I don't watch Warehouse 13 so I can't comment on that one.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
ya scifi just has no appeal at all for me. Like...no..."no appeal" oversells it. What's less than none? I'm running at an appeal deficit when it comes to scifi.

Mad Men and I have a tortured relationship, but maybe I should give it another shot.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finishing Season 3 of Mad Men from the library...then I'll watch season 4 on demand.

Watching Boardwalk Empire.

Every new season I DVR a **** load of pilots...this years list:
Lone Star (deleted after 10 minutes)
Detroit 187 (deleted after episode 1 -wtf Imperioli? You closed your theatre for that?)
The Event (I'm gonna regret getting into this I think)
Blue Bloods (loving it as its based in my neighborhood)
Hawaii Five-O (haven't seen the pilot yet)
If you have kids check out Parenthood.

Other than that i watch the Law and Orders, CSI NY, Dream Team on FSC, Lie to Me (m'eh, but I love Tim Roth), Community, Weeds (which sucks this season), Bored to Death (another Bklyn thing) and Eastbound and Down. Although I rarely have time to watch, and most usually get deleted from my DVR automatically.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
If you have kids check out Parenthood.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ I personally prefer The Mentalist over Lie To Me.

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
- Lost
- Rubicon (Still in season 1 though)
- The Office
- Battlestar Galactica
- Community (Season 2 just started)
- Parks and Recreation
- The League (Season 2 just started)

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In Therapy with Gabriel Byrne if you're into other people's problems. Always easier to analyse than your own.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sander
In Therapy with Gabriel Byrne if you're into other people's problems. Always easier to analyse than your own.
youve got me nailed. Downloading now, thanks...

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sander
Another excellent show. Season 3 is supposed to come back next year. Matt, have you tried out Spooks?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
my old boss gave me the spooks box set, didnt really do much for me.

i will forever hate amazing race cos they damn near killed me on the saigon bridge racing around filming. Seriously, they could have killed me and about 100 other people with their driving on what is already a pretty lethal stretch of road. Eternally boycotted (not that theyll notice).

yodawg

Reaction score
someone gave me the first season of this show called white collar. haven't watched it yet but the dudes are in suits and one sports a fedora. it's a detective show where one is a criminal that helps catches other criminal for a pardon or whatever. i dunno who is who though yet. it must suck though if no one here knows about it. i haven't actually watched much tv in like half a decade or so except for entourage until season 4 and how to make it in america over the net. i should catch up on some gossip girl and mad men just to actually know what the hell they're about.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yodawg
someone gave me the first season of this show called white collar. haven't watched it yet but the dudes are in suits and one sports a fedora. it's a detective show where one is a criminal that helps catches other criminal for a pardon or whatever. i dunno who is who though yet. it must suck though if no one here knows about it. i haven't actually watched much tv in like half a decade or so except for entourage until season 4 and how to make it in america over the net. i should catch up on some gossip girl and mad men just to actually know what the hell they're about.

I haven't watched White Collar, but I know a lot of girls that do because the main character is "so hot".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads