• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely requires serious suspension of disbelief towards the end.
Wife: wait what can they do that?
Me: it's just a tv show dear.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When my kids ask a question about something nonsensical in a show or movie, I just say that it's in the script. Plot holes only bug me when the characters aren't dramatized well and you just don't give a **** what happens to them.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watched the first episode of season 2 of Amazon's Jack Ryan the other day.

Enjoyed S1, but this episode didn't really bite. I'm going to keep going at least a bit further, but this seemed to contain a little bit too much hokey spy movie stuff that just didn't line up. Maybe some of it will get turned around but several of the events/decisions don't pass muster.

Like, what's up with the girl? I'm sure she will be back and maybe we will find out it was all Jack's plan...but CIA agents should know better than to think that attractive foreigners are giving them the eyes with no ulterior motive. And if they still bring them back to their room, they won't leave secret documents laying about and let their room get bugged (unless this will turn out to be a double cross, but...that'd be heavy handed here).
Also, why lie and say you are a PE guy? You are publicly attached to the senator, who she literally saw meet you at the bar. It probably makes local headlines when a US senator shows up...

And the assassination? Why attack with an elaborate plan involving bombs, snipers, gunmen, and crooked cops to take out the full security detail and armored cars? The targets spent the whole prior evening cruising around town getting drunk with background security at most.

Again, this is only ep1 and maybe we will get some explanation like they wanted to make a visible scene (and who knows how the crooked cop will play into this now that he has escaped), but

I also liked s1. Haven’t a started s2. Will get to it this wknd.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MV5BMTU2Nzk2OTA0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjYzNjYwODM@._V1_.jpg

I started this last night. Got about 1/2 way through.

Boston FBI, police and the DA all struggle to fight crime in the 90’s. I haven’t gotten to the core case/crime yet. Looks promising.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Boston FBI, police and the DA all struggle to fight crime in the 90’s. I haven’t gotten to the core case/crime yet. Looks promising.
I don't get Showtime so won't be able to watch that. Too bad, because it looks interesting and I like both Kevin Bacon and Aldis Hodge. Bacon is always great imo. and Hodge was good in that series Leverage with Timothy Hutton, etc. I remember reading that while Leverage was filming Hodge was also a student at Art Center College of Design. Multi-talented guy.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The End Of The F***ing World, Season Two

it’s kind of weird, but I’m enjoying it.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Possibly my favorite series of the year. Kevin Bacon is on top here.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried to watch City on a Hill but couldn't make it past the first episode. It felt lazy and rote (I seem to have this problem exclusively with cop and gangster dramas). It seems to have started during Season 2 of Boardwalk Empire.

I've got something hanging me up on enjoying what might be good shows.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried to watch City on a Hill but couldn't make it past the first episode. It felt lazy and rote (I seem to have this problem exclusively with cop and gangster dramas). It seems to have started during Season 2 of Boardwalk Empire.

I've got something hanging me up on enjoying what might be good shows.
As I remember it did have a “ network drama” feel at first but I usually give a show a couple eps to settle down.

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The whole Boston crime drama thing is practically it's own genre at this point, and not a very good one. City on a Hill is about on par with C grade stuff like Ray Donovan. Watchable, but trash.

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The End Of The F***ing World, Season Two

it’s kind of weird, but I’m enjoying it.

I adored the first season. The second feels redundant even though I enjoyed spending time with the characters. Show-runners and networks need to start coming around to the idea that one season is often enough with first rate television.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed the first season of End of the F World. Haven't seen the second yet.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm so upset that Wayne ended up on youtube premium and season 2 was subsequently cancelled because they want to go a more family friendly route. For anyone who hasn't seen it, imageine End of the ******* World but way more entertaining and balls to the walls crazy made by some of the people behind Deadpool.

The Rookie s2 is also just as good as season 1. Being a fan of Castle I've always liked Nathan Fillion, but this is a clear next step in his career as an actor and he handles the more serious tone really well.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I've ever thought Seth Meyers was funny, but his new stand up special isn't bad. The Brendan Schaub special wasn't funny.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads