• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to Wear with a Barbour Wax Jacket?

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has the humpty dumpty look down pat, complete with his face looking like he literally just fell off a wall

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aguydude
take away that cig and he just looks pregnant

Well, he is wearing a woman's jacket that's made for a 5' nothing woman.

And for the record, he looks pretty damn silly.

nomad

Reaction score
i'm always in my beaufort, i got one in blue just recently. definitely look good dressed down, i find boots and jeans are simple and do compliment!

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread comes in good time as I have just acquired a brown waxed cotton motorcycle jacket, similar to the famed Belstaff ones.

I was just wondering if anybody could comment on how one would wear this peice without looking douchy or too edgy?

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
from WAYWT. just examples
IMG_0162.JPG

IMG_0181.JPG

IMG_0178.JPG

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
best paired with power bottoms.

Originally Posted by BroJo
I like Barbour wax jackets. What sort of shoes and bottoms do you think suit them best? English Country Boots seem like the obvious choice as far as footwear, but I'd like some input from you guys.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just about anything works with a Barbour. I've worn my old Beaufort with everything from jeans to a suit. From hunting to going out to a fine restaurant.

telemark

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
just about anything works with a Barbour. I've worn my old Beaufort with everything from jeans to a suit. From hunting to going out to a fine restaurant.

Agreed. My bedale comes out of the wardrobe weather I'm nipping into town or going to court. They look great with both denim and a suit.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
^ +1

i wear my belstaff over a suit sometimes. gets lots of compliments

axlpendergast

Reaction score
doesn't look much better than the pregnant guy from the earlier picture. both guys look like they bought their jackets a size too small

Originally Posted by sq4you
from WAYWT. just examples

missmay1992

Reaction score
I usually wear jeans with boots!
Barbours work with anything, if this is a brand you like I'm doing a project on barbour for my college, would you spare some time to fill in my survey?
Its just to find the demographics of a barbour customer!

Thanks in advance
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HBKSJVK

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads