• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What tie goes well with a pink shirt?

Septavius

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
This is a little out there, but green looks really good with a pink shirt. Not dark green, but a green with more yellow in it. I wear this combo, which in your head doesn't look good, but I get a lot of compliments on it.

+1

A light pastel green works well. So do light blues, navy blues, and lavenders.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
navy grenadine

Mr. Potato

Reaction score
I did a pink with brown tie just yesterday.
fightsuitwj0.jpg
I've worn pink and green quite a bit. Sorry for the image quality.
pinkgreentk5.jpg

Mr. Potato

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlesAlexander
Nice suit, tie, and shirt combo. What kind of tie is that potato?
Thanks
smile.gif
. The first one is a brown pin dot by Ralph Lauren Black Label. The second one is a green tie with woven blue patterns by Belisi (http://www.belisi.com/1-silk-necktie...ower-ties.aspx). Though the Belisi tie is by no means SF quality. Feels very stiff like it was fused. But I like the colour and pattern.

koolhistorian

Reaction score
Dark grey, navy, red, pink, gold ... the list can continue. In fact, it depends on the shade of pink and the rest of the outfit. If you take pink as a primary color (washed red) then you can go with both different shades of red, or any other primary color, plus the non - colors (white-black).

Patrician

Reaction score
The best combination with pink shirts are definitely navy blue ties.

forsbergacct2000

Reaction score
I have a pink shirt that I wear with a black tie (with grey and maroon sport coat), maroon tie (same sport coat) or combinations of maroon and dark blue (with blue suit or blue blazer.)

TIEALIGN

Reaction score
Its already been said but I have to agree that browns and blues are best with pink. My personal favorite being a solid textured dark navy like this...
navy-lg.jpg
Nicely Done!
Originally Posted by Mr. Potato
I did a pink with brown tie just yesterday.
fightsuitwj0.jpg

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think pink bengal stripe shirts just scream out for a black tie with white pindots.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A soon as I read the thread topic I though solid navy as well, however, it seems the OP wants to wear it with black and in that case I wouldn't recommend a navy tie with a black suit.

Although I do agree that pink usually works best with gray. Pink and black reminds me too much of the color combinations I see in the windows of the local Victoria's Secret.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd wear skinny ties (around 3").

As for colours you could do silver, pastel blue or even another pink.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads