• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What stereo(s) do you listen to? What do you want?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can get a small Unison Research integrated for close to that money and it's a reputable company.

Oh, that setup comes with speakers? Very weary.

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great intel. Ima call and really bear down on qual w this as a benchmark. *This indie has been my electronics place for ages. Always beats Best Buy etc. ie gotta be careful I'm not loyal to my own detriment.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

SirWilliam

Reaction score
I have a pair of Wilson Audio Sabrinas and the Watch Center 3 Convergent Synergy for my living room...its powered by a nice but not so exciting Anthem MCA50.

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score
After a few upgrades recently I feel I am pretty much done:
+ Aurender X100L hard-drive player --> Audience AU24SE USB
+ Devialet 220 PRO (upgraded from a 120) --> Shunyata Zitron Cobra speaker cables
+ Sonus Faber Olympica II

Power conditioning (Triton) and powercords (Zitron Alpha) from Shunyata, ground products from Entreq and isolation from Stillpoints

Could not be happier

R-O-T

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After a few upgrades recently I feel I am pretty much done:
+ Aurender X100L hard-drive player --> Audience AU24SE USB
+ Devialet 220 PRO (upgraded from a 120) --> Shunyata Zitron Cobra speaker cables
+ Sonus Faber Olympica II

Power conditioning (Triton) and powercords (Zitron Alpha) from Shunyata, ground products from Entreq and isolation from Stillpoints

Could not be happier

R-O-T

how do you like the 220 pro? I have a 200

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

"And it's finally motivated me to fix up my old LP12. I have a really old motor and the internal leads, if anyone wants these for spares for the cost of postage, let me know before I chuck them out.

Goodbye stock old stuff, hello Hercules II, Cirkus subchassis and a Ittok tone arm that's been 'souped up' by Audio Origami"

...and?

Got sidetracked by a house move and becoming a father :)

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score

how do you like the 220 pro? I have a 200

Early impressions are extremely positive - but not yet 100 hours so probably not at full potential yet. But so far I couldn't have been happier

That said, remember if I came from a 120. Had always regretted not getting a 200, so it was a no-brainer. If I had had a 200 then I may well have gone 400 not 220. Would have had to audition the two against each other.

R-O-T

SirWilliam

Reaction score
I am doing the same upgrade from the 120 to the 220 pro. In the US upgrades started mid October (as far as I know). I paid for the upgrade and am awaiting my return shipping label. I have two 120s but I am going to start with one upgrade for a room that needs a sub...I wouldn't be upgrading if the 120 could power my JL sub. I am curious to see how different they are when the 220 arrives.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In my office I switch to a tube amp in the winter because it keeps the room warm. My buddy says I'm a douche.

In other news, picked up this matched set of vintage Linn, an LK1 and LK2, this era is kinda my favorite for Linn. Not sure where to use it yet but had to have it when I saw it posted for sale.

Look at these vintage lovelies:

Last edited:

KenRose

Reaction score
I remember those! It was controversial because it ended the Linn-Naim agreement without notice. How do they sound?
[
quote name="idfnl" url="/t/56515/what-stereo-s-do-you-listen-to-what-do-you-want/2460#post_8636838"]In my office I switch to a tube amp in the winter because it keeps the room warm. My buddy says I'm a douche.

In other news, picked up this matched set of vintage Linn, an LK1 and LK2, this era is kinda my favorite for Linn. Not sure where to use it yet but had to have it when I saw it posted for sale.

Look at these vintage lovelies:

[/quote]

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I remember those! It was controversial because it ended the Linn-Naim agreement without notice. How do they sound?

I am a big naim fan, I have a Nait 3 and a NAP/NAC combo. Do you know any more about why this ended the agreement?

The linn's sound great, can't say I prefer it to my naim or Mcintosh gear, but very serviceable for an office/bedroom setup.

KenRose

Reaction score
I had an original Nait, then a Nait 3R/Credo's, and now UnitiQute/Credo's. It was a sneak attack by Igor back then, he wanted more sales and the stats showed that people wanted a system by one maker rather than piece meal. Of course that amp combo you bought was right at the hight of the LP12, and Naim used Linn's speakers for their R and D. So it was a smart business move by Linn.
I am a big naim fan, I have a Nait 3 and a NAP/NAC combo. Do you know any more about why this ended the agreement?

The linn's sound great, can't say I prefer it to my naim or Mcintosh gear, but very serviceable for an office/bedroom setup.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clementinezia81