• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Slim Fit shirts do you buy for bussiness attire?

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Working Stiff
On the TM Lewin website, it seems like all the slim fit shirts are double cuff. Are there no barrel cuffed slim fit shirts? I don't wear a suit to work, so double cuffs are unhelpful for me.

You could still wear double-barrel cuffs without a suit, right? I thought French cuffs are the only ones to be worn with suits, but I have been wrong before...
smile.gif

Siggy

Reaction score
TM Lewin shirts are a good choice all considered. Their collars tend to shrink a bit in washing, therefore I would definately not put them in the dryer, but let them hang dry or send them to the cleaners. For really slim shirts that are easily available, I recommend H&M slim fit dress shirts. I wear them with my suits very often and they cost about the same as Lewin.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KaiserSose
What is the "rics" coupon you speak of? My plan is similar to yours Flam, I just hope the fit is good. I wish they were sold somewhere in NYC.

At "Your shopping bag" enter "rics" in the discount code window - good for about 10 pounds off.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonvolt10
I just received my first order of Lewin shirts. I must say I am very impressed. The shirts are reasonably slim-fitting; the collars appear to structured well and not as hard and stiff as Charles Tyrwhitt shirts and the fabric is impressive. For under $40 a shirt it simply cannot be touched.

I usually wear a 15" collar, have a 36" chest, 34" waist and weigh about 140 lbs. Do you think Lewin's slimfits will be slim enough for me?

dpw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
Can someone confirm the quality at TM Lewin?

i have a number of their shirts and find the quality level to be appropriate for the price levels they charge. don't expect a charvet but you can expect quality workmanship. the slim fit works best for me. i found the regular fit to be a bit boxy. many others i work with wear their shirts and are happy with them.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dpw
i have a number of their shirts and find the quality level to be appropriate for the price levels they charge. don't expect a charvet but you can expect quality workmanship. the slim fit works best for me. i found the regular fit to be a bit boxy. many others i work with wear their shirts and are happy with them.

Which slimfits did you buy from them, Duke of York or Windsor? What's the difference?

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Siggy
TM Lewin shirts are a good choice all considered. Their collars tend to shrink a bit in washing, therefore I would definately not put them in the dryer, but let them hang dry or send them to the cleaners. For really slim shirts that are easily available, I recommend H&M slim fit dress shirts. I wear them with my suits very often and they cost about the same as Lewin.

What's the difference between a spread and a cutaway collar? Seems all Lewin's slimfit shirts have cutaways.

Siggy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
What's the difference between a spread and a cutaway collar? Seems all Lewin's slimfit shirts have cutaways.

I don't have any Lewin slimfit shirts, only regular cut. I didn't even know they had slimfits until this thread. However, usually a cutaway collar is more more spread open than a spread collar.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dpw

Cool. I ordered the slim fit which hopefully should work.

Which slimfits did you buy from them, Duke of York or Windsor? What's the difference?

I got the york - windsor collar was a bit too much for me, especially since I am more of a FIH guy and will probably wear those with sweaters and sometimes without a tie and such where the classic collar is more appropriate. You can really see the difference between the two in the pictures.

By the way, my total shipped price actually dropped even more when i got to the order screen - it was 100 pounds shipped for five shirts!!! Don't know why, it was 106 + 8 shipping in the basket even after the rics code, then it dropped even more when I entered my card in!

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way, I also do like boss black when I can find them at the discounters, I think around $50-70 usually? Of course can be hard to find the right colors/sizes/patterns for obvious reasons.

But it fits very well, slim, nice quality. I have about 5-6 i use mostly casually or for going out.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
By the way, I also do like boss black when I can find them at the discounters, I think around $50-70 usually? Of course can be hard to find the right colors/sizes/patterns for obvious reasons.

But it fits very well, slim, nice quality. I have about 5-6 i use mostly casually or for going out.

Yes, very slim, beats my tailor-made shirt hands down. They feel more comfortable after a few washes and retain their shape.

Where can you find them for that price? Their regular retail store has them at $125 and higher.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads