• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What should I make for dinner?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't feel like cooking up a storm tonight, but I'm also tired of eating out. Since I haven't cooked anything in over a week, I do want to make something tonight--but I've no idea what. Give me something tasty that will take 30-45 min., including prep time, and has no more than 6 ingredients (not including the basic pantry stuff). I'll post pics here and make you look like a culinary god if the dish comes out half way decent.

Go.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Stewed lamb's brains with truffled lentils, quail egg, and Osetra caviar.
If you're feeling rich, you can make a beurre blanc with 50% butter and 50% melted foie gras.
Only 5 ingredients.
Do it you fuckin *****.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sounds offal!

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Stewed lamb's brains with truffled lentils, quail egg, and Osetra caviar. If you're feeling rich, you can make a beurre blanc with 50% butter and 50% melted foie gras. Only 5 ingredients. Do it you fuckin *****.
Come back to the real, working man's world. Elitist asshole. If you can only make good food with these ingredients, I feel sorry for you, and the loan payments you'll have to make after you get out of that elitist institution.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
laugh.gif

Anyway, what kind of meats and produce do you have laying around?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Stewed lamb's brains with truffled lentils, quail egg, and Osetra caviar.
If you're feeling rich, you can make a beurre blanc with 50% butter and 50% melted foie gras.
Only 5 ingredients.
Do it you fuckin *****.

crackup[1].gif

wow kwilk what an elitist a hole. what a few semesters of cooking school made you into.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
laugh.gif
Anyway, what kind of meats and produce do you have laying around?

My fridge is practically empty, except for some Heineken and leftover [and old] pesto sauce. I'm at work now, and will walk by a pretty decent local grocery shop on the way home, so I can pick up most common items except, obviously, those on the elitist list of yours. P.S they do have lamb brain, and other offal items.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something French!! Do you know what day is today?
thumbs-up.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
crackup[1].gif

wow kwilk what an elitist a hole. what a few semesters of cooking school made you into.

I only play one on the internet!
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
My fridge is practically empty, except for some Heineken and leftover [and old] pesto sauce.

I'm at work now, and will walk by a pretty decent local grocery shop on the way home, so I can pick up most common items except, obviously, those on the elitist list of yours.

P.S they do have lamb brain, and other offal items.

It's summer man. And it's fricken hot here. I'd say get a nice steak on the grill and serve it with fresh chimichurri. Serve that with a salad made of grilled asparagus, fresh tomato, red onion, small amount of basil, and lemon vinaigrette. Simple, fast, delish.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One day kyle will end up working for Pio, matt or myself.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only play one on the internet!

It's summer man. And it's fricken hot here. I'd say get a nice steak on the grill and serve it with fresh chimichurri. Serve that with a salad made of grilled asparagus, fresh tomato, red onion, small amount of basil, and lemon vinaigrette. Simple, fast, delish.

Alas, the only grill I have is the cast iron kind. My landlord is an asshole and has not fulfilled his promise to put a grill in the building.
censored.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Well now I've given you two dishes, a great one and a cheapo one. I just have a feeling that you don't want to post pics and make me look like a culinary god if the dish comes out halfway decent

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boiled whole chicken + shredded raw cabbage + thinly sliced white onions + chopped basil/cilantro/random herbs + nuoc mam = win

Plus you get the bonus chicken broth if boiled with carrots, onion, and celery which you can eat with mien on the side.

Boiled chicken is so ******* bomb.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads