• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What music are you listening to lately?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Have you collected all Enya records?

I most certainly have not. I have collected all Feist records, though.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
/\
Are you a single mother with a broken heart and unfinished Community College degree?

rossoz

Reaction score
I try to follow the flow of the replies, but sometimes I'm slow.

When and why did Enya get in the conversation?

Cheers,

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I try to follow the flow of the replies, but sometimes I'm slow.

When and why did Enya get in the conversation?

Cheers,

I am reasonably sure Medwed meant to suggest that David Lang's music--or maybe just the piece of music I posted about--has Enya-esque qualities. For the record, it does not really have Enya-esque qualities.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keith Jarrett Trio Somewhere, an interesting departure to some recent trio recordings branches out a bit more.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[/URL]

Last edited:

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First BSG rewatch.. the score by Bear McCreary is so beautifully done. Definitely not one of the more uplifting collections of music around, but still captivating and excellent.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just been to a live broadcast at a cinema of the Berliner Philharmoniker conducted by Claudio Abbado playing Mendelssohn's Ein Sommernachtstraum op. 61 (excerpts) and Hector Berlioz's Symphonie fantastique op. 14. It was, indeed, fantastic. Sound quality was splendid (though it could've used a slightly bigger soundstage). The announcer was awesome. And Abbado is impressive. 80 years of age and still full of energy. He gave everything and one could see how exhausted he was in the end.

Last edited:

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd been meaning to check out The Pogues for many years now, but I've never thought to buy their stuff when I'm buying music, so I'd only heard a handful of songs. I was browsing Amazon the other night, trying to come up with something new to check out, and I thought to snag some of their stuff. I got If I Should Fall from Grace with God, as the internets seemed to think it was one of their best. I haven't had much time to listen to it, but I've enjoyed it thus far.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chromatics' concert was quite good albeit very short (about 65-70 minutes; 50 minutes sans encore).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads