1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What music are you listening to lately?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Artisan Fan, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Smithy007

Smithy007 Member

Been listening to some old Verve albums. Some real gems I'd forgotten about.

Into Joy Division (mostly Unknown Pleasures) a lot since seeing the Ian Curtis biopic, Control.

2. bcate3

bcate3 Senior member

Into Joy Division (mostly Unknown Pleasures) a lot since seeing the Ian Curtis biopic, Control.

meant to see it but didn't. 24 hour party people was a fun pic, too.

3. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

More Bob Dylan SACDs...Nashville Skyline.

Picked up a Mozart Jupiter LP on Decca.

4. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

Been listening to this

[​IMG]

and this
    [​IMG]

a lot lately.

5. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

6. Artisan Fan

Prince.

Prince is doing some interesting things these days musically.

7. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Prince- love him. Watching him play guitar is mesmerizing.

As messed up as the guy is, he's one of the best complete musicians I've ever listened to.

8. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

You could say that about his entire career. He's my God.

9. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Senior member

Got the new Mofi of the Allman Brothers Idlewild South. Southern rock at its finest. [​IMG]

Love the Allman Bros (and Mobile Fidelity too). Here's my Gregg Allman story:

I went to see them in 2003 at an outdoor concert. Drunk bastard is yelling "Free Bird! Free Bird!" to Gregg in between every song. I figure Allman can't hear him, but after about 5 songs he looks at the guy and says "that's not our song, idiot."

10. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Love the Allman Bros (and Mobile Fidelity too). Here's my Gregg Allman story: I went to see them in 2003 at an outdoor concert. Drunk bastard is yelling "Free Bird! Free Bird!" to Gregg in between every song. I figure Allman can't hear him, but after about 5 songs he looks at the guy and says "that's not our song, idiot."
    lol. Dumbass. Gregg's son Devon has a band called Devon Allman's Honeytribe. I first heard one of their tunes on XM a few weeks ago and am hooked. Great music. They have a MEAN cover of No Woman, No Cry. Torch, a song from their recent album of the same name: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr3N9...eature=related This song is GREAT. From the Pittsburgh Blues Festival: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFQBf...eature=related

11. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Been listening to this

[​IMG]

No more UGK albums ever again so might as well.

lol. Dumbass.

Gregg's son Devon has a band called Devon Allman's Honeytribe. I first heard one of their tunes on XM a few weeks ago and am hooked. Great music. They have a MEAN cover of No Woman, No Cry.

Everybody has a No Woman, No Cry cover, you ass-sucker. Even Boxcar Willy. Do something original.

12. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Everybody has a No Woman, No Cry cover, you ass-sucker. Even Boxcar Willy. Do something original.
    No shit, dickwad. I just like this one more than most. Next, I think I'll listen to some Project Pat. [​IMG]

13. romafan

romafan Senior member

Speaking of the A-Bros, I just picked up a copy of 'Eat A Peach' yesterday, along w/ a Robyn Hitchcock reissue. Also my first music DVD (Marah: Live in Spain) [​IMG]

14. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Also my first music DVD (Marah: Live in Spain) [​IMG]
    I think you forgot the "i" [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. jefe

jefe Senior member

"The Gift of Freedom" by Charles Webster

Born on the 24th of July is a truly spectacular house/downtempo album. Charles Webster is awesome.

16. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

Some mod revival stuff... The Prisoners, Purple Hearts, The Small Hours. And the new Thrills album (Teenager) which is excellent.

17. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

18. Artisan Fan

Love the Allman Bros (and Mobile Fidelity too). Here's my Gregg Allman story:

I went to see them in 2003 at an outdoor concert. Drunk bastard is yelling "Free Bird! Free Bird!" to Gregg in between every song. I figure Allman can't hear him, but after about 5 songs he looks at the guy and says "that's not our song, idiot."

[​IMG] Great story.

19. Artisan Fan

I think you forgot the "i" [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd hit it but I don't like her "music"...or is that yodeling?

I found a great Japanese CD Phil Woods, Warm Woods. Amazing performance and sound.