• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What makes footwear high-end??

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
I mean, it's not a bad question for most, sure. Those with a decent grounding in the classics can answer it, but you're right - it takes time to get to the point where such questions are being asked.

I am glad your classics education helps you definitively solve deep problems in the philosophy of mathematics that have been debated for millenia and that are still hotly debated today, including by many philosophers with a very deep understanding of the classics.

Here are some relevant introductions to these questions for those interested.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am glad your classics education helps you definitively solve deep problems in the philosophy of mathematics that have been debated for millenia and that are still hotly debated today, including by many philosophers with a very deep understanding of the classics.

Isn't CM basically a place where people with a deep understanding of the classics argue for years and years?

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
Isn't CM basically a place where people with a deep understanding of the classics argue for years and years?

Ah. But is it really a place? Or, when you say that it is "basically a place" do you concede that it is in truth only an abstract entity?

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here are some relevant introductions to these questions for those interested.

Uh, no I do not claim to have solved anything about the philosophy of mathematics, because I personally don't know anything about the subject and do not care to attempt doing so.

What I did say, however, was that a knowledge of classics helps to understand why we have math, and also how it was used in the past. If you had actually watched the video, you would know what I was answering.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ah. But is it really a place? Or, when you say that it is "basically a place" do you concede that it is in truth only an abstract entity?

StyleForum every time someone posts a thread asking why no one wears suits anymore:

Raphael_School_of_Athens-1024x1024.jpg

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why doesn't anyone wear suits anymore?

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The philosophy of suits...

My theory? They just aren't high-end enough.

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thank you, DWF. I shall return on September 22 to repost my joke. I want to make sure my humor is funny, but also, technically accurate.

Just funny would do.

And FWIW, I didn't mention anything about 'technically"...but suit yourself. Oh wait, "no one wears suits anymore." (a taste of dry, High Desert humour)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads