• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What kinds of hats do you guys wear?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My Panizza for Brioni hat:
2806802423_a33cbbc347.jpg
2800985111_b0f11d6c7a.jpg
It looks similar to the hat that Delon wears in Le Samourai.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK AC here's a pic of one of my hats. It's the Beaver stingy brim bowler. Never mind the pic was taken at 3 in the morning while I was shooting lightning and decided to stand in a 30 second exposure ghosting me. At least it isn't color infrared. LOL.

BeaverBowler.jpg

When it's hailing out the Stetson bowler is a much better choice because it's stiff as a brick. Keeps the noggin protected up to about golf ball sized hail.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wanna buy a black Yohji fedora for fall/winter

and summer a panama straw hat to go with my lighter complexioned outfits, loose linen white shirts and ****

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to buy a cheap Jaxon 8-ball stingy brim from villagehatshop.com but they won't let me plug in my non-US credit card.
frown.gif

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like the last one you posted Bobo. I can imagine wearing that one with some thick and round rimmed black glasses and a light grey suit (with the jacket being really short, and pants with no break). Liking the idea of all grey.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ would look good. I can imagine wearing the same hat with a charcoal wool vest, greyblue chambray shirt and raw denim
smile.gif
I could use some black frame glasses though...

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bobo i think you would look good sporting a pair of those Japanese hand-made frames, the kind where it's a thick black rim on the top and rimless clear bottom half.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ yea, Im thinking some horned rimmed glasses in that style will be my next pair. Not sure if I could afford some japanese **** though
wink.gif

I was thinking about getting Ray Ban clubmasters with prescription glasses (I wear wayfarers now, which I feel works very well), but ive only seen them with clear metal in the middle, which im not really sure off..
2f03_1.JPG

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I've been looking around for a decent navy flat cap for not too much money, with no success yet. I could break the bank and get a good one ($200+) but I'm not generally a big hat wearer and am not sure even a really nice cashmere cap could transform me into one. Also, ordering from the UK is a pain. So the hunt continues.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last w/end
Hat - Olive short brimmed Panama. Straw ("Nash" - Helen Kaminski)
L1040115.jpg

L1040092.jpg

L1040117.jpg

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I really like straw stingy brim hats too.....I've been thinking of getting this one from my friend's store in town....

blackdiamondhead_lg.jpg

I used to wear a tweed flatcap every day for about 2-3 years back in the early-mid 90s but now I can't stand the sight of em

This hat is amazing. Too bad fedoras and other brimmed hats seem to be so popular these days. I'll wait for that fad to die down before looking into one of those.

Typically I'll wear an Authentic New Era (no fancy stuff) on a lazy/casual day.

I also have a Quicksilver courdoroy military cap I wear on occasion. Never used to wear it, but after growing a beard, I dig the castro look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads