• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your teeth care regime?

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Specifically, do you use a manual or electric toothbrush? Is Oral B sonicare worth a crap? What mouth wash?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd say go electric toothbrush. I've got one, but haven't bought any replacement heads in about a year. I brush two or three times a day, but have still noticed my dentist visits are longer than when I was using the electric toothbrush.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brush once (sometimes twice) per day. Use a dental pick for some problem areas from time to time. Never floss unless I just ate popcorn at a friend's house or something. Electric toothbrush, but it's usually not charged because I don't think there's a noticeable difference.

I stopped buying mouthwash when I realized some vodka was the same price and had more uses.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^You're a weird guy.

Sonicare 9000 something or other, rembrandt toothpaste (will accept bids for alternatives as I'm not exactly thrilled with it), some new mouthwash that I'm trying out, glide floss.

Inficius

Reaction score
Brush every night for about five-ten minutes, and that's pretty much it. I almost never floss, and my teeth are very healthy.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brush 2-3 times a day. Normal toothbrush. Floss whenever i remember. Normally 3-4 times a week.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
most definitely at night.

1) floss thoroughly
2) Pre-brush with manual brush for about 2 minutes, pay extra attention to brushing tongue
3) Oral-B electric for about 5 minutes

no mouthwash.

Perfect dental bill of health for past two years.
smile.gif

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't been to a dentist since 1998. I brush twice a day, once in the moring and then right after lunch. No mouthwash, no flossing unless I've eaten popcorn.

My mouth doesn't hurt so who needs a dentist?

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the same exact routine as you and now I can't stop my gums from receding.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
I haven't been to a dentist since 1998. I brush twice a day, once in the moring and then right after lunch. No mouthwash, no flossing unless I've eaten popcorn.

My mouth doesn't hurt so who needs a dentist?

are you sure you don't got plaques?

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I buy whatever toothpaste is on sale, whatever toothbrush is on sale, and whatever floss is on sale (or cheapest, for all of the above).

I use those three items regularly. I've never had a cavity. Only dental procedure I've had was the removal of my wisdom teeth that required some work.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, went out and bought the cheapest Oral-B electric I could find. I ended up drooling a lot
facepalm.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
Ok, went out and bought the cheapest Oral-B electric I could find. I ended up drooling a lot
facepalm.gif

Don't be a cheapskate. Sonicare > Oral-B. Get one with at least a 2minute timer/30sec zones.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads