• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think of my suit?

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great. I like the sleeve length.

The FAQ says the suits are fused but the website, FAQ and blog lead me to think they care about their trade.

princemarko

Reaction score
I agree, the sleeves are a little too short, but the suit is great. Dont like your tie though. Go with Robert Talbott.

the.chikor

Reaction score
I think it looks good. I even like the sleeve length as it allows expolsure of a good portion of the shirt sleeves.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In general it looks great!

Sleeve length involves a lot of personal preference.

I would have gone a bit longer ( a very little bit ), but the sleeves are fine if you are satisfied.

What color would you describe the suit as? Different monitors and lighting conditions produce very different results. On my monitor, the suit appears black or a very dark navy.

Reaction score
Nope, no more photos at the moment, I'll have to get my camera out for that. You can open the buttons on the cuff, pick you lining, embroidery etc etc, but I guess that's all pretty standard. I paid a bit extra to get a funky flowery (paisley?) lining - looks really cool.

The fabric is a navy with slightly wide and broken pinstripe.

Thanks for the Robert Talbott tip, they look like seriously cool ties. Next time I'm in the States I'll try to find one of his shops. Until then I'll have to make do with TM Lewin I'm afraid!

Reaction score
Well, I'm definitely not going back to off the peg suits, and I've just invested in a decent pair of Loakes shoes which look loads better than my old ones, so I guess ties are the next thing I should invest in. Any suggestions on where is good to go in London but not stupidly expensive?

I've had loads of great comments at work and a couple of guys have gone to see the cad and dandy guys for a suit as well. The best comment was a random girl in a bar last week, but I'm getting married soon so that was no use! I wish I'd bought a tailored suit 5 years ago though!

gundarsk

Reaction score
Is it just me or the guy from suitmaker's site (pic attached) and original poster look almost same? Especially if you take in account that lighting is different, facial expression etc.

ccffm1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gundarsk
Is it just me or the guy from suitmaker's site (pic attached) and original poster look almost same? Especially if you take in account that lighting is different, facial expression etc.

A totally different looking guy than the OP, IMO.

gundarsk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wandrin
yes for certain a different guy... nice try though columbo
smile.gif

Ok, try this one. Same faces only color balance changed to compensate different lighting in pictures. Can't remove smile though.
smile.gif
Now i'm pretty sure myself that i'm looking at same person in both pictures.

penguin vic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gundarsk
Ok, try this one. Same faces only color balance changed to compensate different lighting in pictures. Can't remove smile though.
smile.gif
Now i'm pretty sure myself that i'm looking at same person in both pictures.

Dude - eyes, nose, chin / jawline are different ... next you're going to suggest they're brothers or something?

Mark Bannerman

Reaction score
I must say as much as I like a peice of good detective work that my opinion is aligned with Mr Wandrin. Two very different looking chaps. One ugly and one better looking but i wont say which way around that might be!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics