• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What do you notice first about a person?

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you notice first about someone? I usually look at their shoes and legs, as I am quite shy and, like many of you, I like a nice pair of shoes.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Shoes are certainly important, but by no means first. Teeth are really important to me, though I hate admitting it as it sounds very shallow. Eyes/face follow closely, probably then grooming, followed by shoes/clothes/accessories.

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Reaction score
Face I think. I look directly into their eyes and then continue on until I can see their soul.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Face I think. I look directly into their eyes and then continue on until I can see their soul.

...or until you see "KGB" in them, right?

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eyes and face, followed by their clothing.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I think that eyes and teeth are important, but I start at the feet and work my way up. I don't like to look someone directly in the eyes. It isn't that I am untrustworthy, I just have to look away. I kinda look right through people most of the time, not at them.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
I make note of how they take a punch.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Face, boobs, waist. Ass is a good reference point but not easy to scope in a face-to-face encounter.

Willsw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
THREE LETTERS. A K, A G, AND A B. This is why I'm a foreign policy master.

The face first, and sometimes that's all I'll look at. Oftentimes I'll think about a girl I just talked to and realize I have no idea how her chest looks. And shoes.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i never remember peoples name when i first enounter them, because im too busy judging them. its especially bad since i just started my new job and have been introduced to literally 100 people in 3 days. and after i finish shaking their hands, i cant remember half of their names, but i just remember what i thought of their look etc.

Syl

Reaction score
Depends on the situation (am I being introduced or just looking from across the room?) but usually it's their stance first. You can tell a lot about a person based on how they are standing (i.e. confident, nervous, friendly etc.).

humza

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
...or until you see "KGB" in them, right?

Aha, I see what you did thar.

I notice the eyes first, almost always when I encounter someone. If I'm just passing by, however, then it's the person's top.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 85 17.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 158 32.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 141 28.7%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 57 11.6%
  • 9”

Votes: 25 5.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.2%