• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are some expensive suit brands?

buddie625

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy an expensive suit from a really good suit brand? wHICH SUIT BRANDS BEST FIT THIS CATEGORY? iS bROOKS bROTHERS CONSIDERED TO BE EXPENSIVE AND HIGH QUALITY? iF SOMEONE COULD POST A FEW BRANDS THAT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL. tHANK YOU.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy an expensive suit from a really good suit brand? wHICH SUIT BRANDS BEST FIT THIS CATEGORY? iS bROOKS bROTHERS CONSIDERED TO BE EXPENSIVE AND HIGH QUALITY? iF SOMEONE COULD POST A FEW BRANDS THAT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL. tHANK YOU.
I'm going to move your thread to the new Menswear Advice forum, where it will have more visibility, and where other members can benefit from your question.

Cheers,

Fok.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is expensive + high quality + ready-to-wear your criteria? If so, Brooks Bros is pretty moderately priced. I can easily find you Kiton or Atolini for $6K+. If you want to go bespoke, we could go to Huntsman, which have high prices, even for the Row, and get you a suit for $10K+.

If you want to go trendier, you can opt for Tom Ford.

Not sure if this is really where you want to go.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aren't Oxxford suits generally regarded as the best-made ready-to-wear suits in America, if not the world? Prices start around $4K. I have heard the workmanship on them is unsurpassed, even by top bespoke tailors. However, some claim the styling is somewhat stodgy.

shopper23

Reaction score
What's your budget?

Maybe you would like to consider Made to Measure options...

OTR options

Brooks Brothers
Z Zegna
Canali
Armani Colezioni
Jack Victor
Samuelssohn
Ralph Lauren (not LAUREN Ralph Lauren Green Label)
Hickey Freeman
Hart Schaffner & Marx
Joseph Abboud

Options I would personally not recommend
Ted Baker
Hugo Boss

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll buy a Brooks Brothers suit, then sell it to you for $10,000. You get your expensive suit, and i get $8,000 for my troubles. Deal?

JSFrieschskys

Reaction score
I personally love Oxxford suits, and find their styling to be both classy and just a smidge flashy. You definitely stand out in one.

I like Kiton, but really only their summery stuff. They can be super flashy and over the top though.

Canali are a solid choice, and you'll get a good value for what you purchase. Very traditional, if that's what you're looking for.

Alpha11

Reaction score
If you go with BB go with the MTM not off the rack and when and if you go MTM go with the GF model. I went with it and I am happy. It will cost you more than the OTR BB suit which is around 1200.00 however the suit should last you many years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads