• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are Prom Kids Wearing Now?

fatty

Reaction score
I didn't go to my formal/prom, but i wore a b/w floral print, empire cut hankerchief-skirt halterneck dress, by Morrissey, little known aussie designer - to my Valedictory.

alterion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wu Dynasty
That's not as bad as this:

albumpicphpgd6.jpg

they only had 1 pair of curtains to dress all of them it seems
frown.gif

p.trick

Reaction score
Attended my senior prom just this past weekend.

n1544190109_30068799_4368.jpg

Two-button placket, peak lapels, tone-on-tone stripes, self top collar.

Surprisingly, I can't recall a single discordant ensemble in the room that night save for occasional off-key headgear. There was one guy who arrived in a baseball cap, an ill-fitting shirt, jeans, and sneakers (needless to say, he didn't have a date) but everyone who attempted appropriate attire did so successfully. However, a smattering of ladies wore dresses with unmanageable trains or frills in excess that made it difficult for them to walk, much less dance.

migo

Reaction score
p.trick;520737 said:

Surprisingly, I can't recall a single discordant ensemble in the room that night save for occasional off-key headgear. There was one guy who arrived in a baseball cap, an ill-fitting shirt, jeans, and sneakers (needless to say, he didn't have a date) but everyone who attempted appropriate attire did so successfully. However, a smattering of ladies wore dresses with unmanageable trains or frills in excess that made it difficult for them to walk, much less dance.[/QUOTE

lookin good p.trick, that's very well done! and even though I shouldn't be one to talk, no bow tie?

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My outfit = morning dress...I know that it's not time appropriate, but what the hell I think it looks better by leaps and bounds than any of my other options...

DSCF0544.jpg

PROMGUYS.jpg

intimidating.jpg

p.trick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by migo
Originally Posted by p.trick

Surprisingly, I can't recall a single discordant ensemble in the room that night save for occasional off-key headgear. There was one guy who arrived in a baseball cap, an ill-fitting shirt, jeans, and sneakers (needless to say, he didn't have a date) but everyone who attempted appropriate attire did so successfully. However, a smattering of ladies wore dresses with unmanageable trains or frills in excess that made it difficult for them to walk, much less dance.

lookin good p.trick, that's very well done! and even though I shouldn't be one to talk, no bow tie?

Thank you. I have nothing against the classic look, but with ~300 other guys in my senior class all renting their tuxes from either Al's or Men's Warehouse, going with such a sure-fire configuration would run a high risk of choosing the same outfit as another guy. I wanted something different and figured that playing the middle ground between conservative and avant garde would appeal to a broader audience than either extremity alone.

Funny story. The day after prom, my friend showed her aunt pictures of the event and the aunt mistook my friend's date (who wore a black tux and bow tie) as our chauffeur.

Stax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alterion
they only had 1 pair of curtains to dress all of them it seems
frown.gif

at least they are consistent.

nice swoosh.
confused.gif

dimshum

Reaction score
After seeing this thread, I couldn't resist not posting my own prom pictures from a couple years ago:

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least the people here know how to dress for prom, our school's is this weekend. Would be nice to see some pictures from there so I can feel good about knowing how to dress
bounce2.gif
Edit- Since we're all posting pictures of our dances I'll post one from homecoming- http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ithvalerie.jpg I look tired, she's wearing a little too much makeup, but it was fun as hell. Edit x2- I give up, the photo won't link but just click on it. JB

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Why do Asian chicks always look so good in formalwear?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads