• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are "dad jeans"? Do I wear dad jeans? + jean suggestions

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes it will. It's also a pointless waste of water and energy.
:facepalm:
I'm just sticking with the Levi's, plus another few chino's or slacks. Just bought some Blucher Moc by Eastland and I think I should put away the debit card for a while. Have probably spent $500+ just this week on clothes...crazy!
So you didn't listen to any of the advice here and spent $500 on a great quantity of ****** clothes. good job.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
facepalm.gif

So you didn't listen to any of the advice here and spent $500 on a great quantity of ****** clothes. good job.

No, that money was spent on dress shoes, dress shirts (x3), a sweater, and some other stuff. The only jeans I got were a $30 pair of Levi's 511's.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No, that money was spent on dress shoes, dress shirts (x3), a sweater, and some other stuff. The only jeans I got were a $30 pair of Levi's 511's.  

Did someone recommended 511s? Personally I have no opinion on 501 vs 511 but other people did, and you didn't listen. Also, you said you wanted to spend $40-90 and yet you cheaped out on even your own lowly limit. You spent the rest of your money on grandpa slacks even though you said you almost never wear them. :brick:

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is supposed to indicate that you didn't buy ****** clothing...how?

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I doubt randomly selected cheap dress shoes and Levi 511 will look good together. Post fit pics so we can advise you how to spend your next sum of $500.

Last edited:

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
sorry bud, you're always going to come across as a poorly-dressed buffoon, an average joe, a "dad" if you will. why? because you think fashion is merely the means to an end; a silly thing you have to cope with - an obstacle to overcome; ie, you have no taste

what a shame - the brain that grants you the capacity to earn a salary which could afford you a nice wardrobe is the same brain that makes you entirely unable to see form over function or comfort or practicality

HTH

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Because he is looking for jeans to wear to a work environment.  He's probably not looking to work on his fades and they might get dirty if he has to go to sites so they would need to be washed more often.  I'd check out levis (511, 513, etc.) or gap (straight will probably work) in dark washes.  Also check out h&m/zara like uncontrol said.  All these options should cost you less than $60.  If I were you, I'd buy 2 pair and maybe a few more slim chinos and you'll be ahead of most of your colleagues.

:rotflmao: at thinking an engineer goes "out in the field" in order to "engineer" ****. I work in the SV tech industry so if the companies I've worked for are similar to yours, it means engineers are not required to wear ****** or conservative clothes, it means engineers wear whatever the **** they want. So you might as well get what you really want.

LMAO too at the thought of an engineer "going out in the field" too, especially a SW Engineer.
As a SW Engineer, the only time I'd ever go out to the factory was to hit the espresso stand since there wasn't one in my office building.

Standard engineer wear is Costco Court Classics, whatever the hell dad jeans they sell there, and a project polo shirt.
The only clothing danger I have is if I accidentally kick the network cable and have to crawl under my desk to reconnect it.
Oh, and if some one leaves a filing cabinet door open. I've snagged a sweater on one of those.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry bud, you're always going to come across as a poorly-dressed buffoon, an average joe, a "dad" if you will. why? because you think fashion is merely the means to an end; a silly thing you have to cope with - an obstacle to overcome; ie, you have no taste
what a shame - the brain that grants you the capacity to earn a salary which could afford you a nice wardrobe is the same brain that makes you entirely unable to see form over function or comfort or practicality
HTH

Fashion is a means to an end. It's a means to look better, feel better, and get laid more.

The people who say fashion is an end in itself are either dumb, insane, or gay.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads