• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What 3 shoes are your go-to footwear?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. Polo Falkirks in heavy rotation (dreading sending them to EG for repair $$$)
2. Chestnut Alden Perf Caps
3. Barneys brown cap toe

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
these days i only have 5 pairs of dress shoes, can you believe it? i sold everything.

so my 3 goto shoes are my 3 that i wear almost everyday:

Ferragamo rubber sole black bit loafer ( i wear this everyday almost , most comfortable, 3 days in a row even. sometimes i am in a rush i forget to put in trees. this pair is still durable and awesome. that put an end to the notion of "rotate your shoes" as a mandatory for me imo)

Santoni classic black Braden penny loafer (i wear this for more dress occasions. i know, penny loafer, but i dont care these days anymore. im so good on loafers because i dont need to bend down and fuss with tying anymore. i dont even use horn anymore, i just smash my foot in. nice sleek wellmade penny loafer)

AE Cameron burgundy (another penny loafer, but this one just by default something to slip on when i am running to somewhere close to take care of an errand or something. nothing great, i have a AE bradley , and to tellyou the truth, my two AEs are the most uncomfortable of the 4 shoes ihave. imo.
ferragamo fits and feels like comfort. the AEs feel like wood crates around my feet sometimes. i would never wear them all day. of course Jan will disagree.)

i know that sometimes i see a premium shoe on a good price somewhere sometime and i get a strong urge to get it. but these days i just hold off and let that feeling stir inside for a few days, and it subsides. then reason kicks in and i get relieved i did not spend $400+ on a pair shoes i dont need. jeans now is a different thing though
confused.gif

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
- Florsheim Kenmoor Longwings in burgandy shell
- AE chukkas in black shell with rubber sole - Stanford, I think?
- AE burgandy shell loafers - Randolph?

The Deacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden LHS Burgundy shell which are now a burnished brown
Darlton Brown Shell shortwings
Alden Burgundy Shell NST

Last year at this time

Vintage Florsheim Burgundy Shell Longwings tied with vintage Black pebble grained Florsheim Longwings
Cognac Pebble grain Cazoleria Harris double sole shortwings
Brown JC Penney by Florsheim vintage leather double soled, leather heeled longwings

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
One would have to be a pair of dark brown suede chelseas I got from Yoox for $35 or so.
I commend you on your good taste.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shoe
these days i only have 5 pairs of dress shoes, can you believe it? i sold everything.

so my 3 goto shoes are my 3 that i wear almost everyday:

Ferragamo rubber sole black bit loafer ( i wear this everyday almost , most comfortable, 3 days in a row even. sometimes i am in a rush i forget to put in trees. this pair is still durable and awesome. that put an end to the notion of "rotate your shoes" as a mandatory for me imo)

Santoni classic black Braden penny loafer (i wear this for more dress occasions. i know, penny loafer, but i dont care these days anymore. im so good on loafers because i dont need to bend down and fuss with tying anymore. i dont even use horn anymore, i just smash my foot in. nice sleek wellmade penny loafer)

AE Cameron burgundy (another penny loafer, but this one just by default something to slip on when i am running to somewhere close to take care of an errand or something. nothing great, i have a AE bradley , and to tellyou the truth, my two AEs are the most uncomfortable of the 4 shoes ihave. imo.
ferragamo fits and feels like comfort. the AEs feel like wood crates around my feet sometimes. i would never wear them all day. of course Jan will disagree.)

i know that sometimes i see a premium shoe on a good price somewhere sometime and i get a strong urge to get it. but these days i just hold off and let that feeling stir inside for a few days, and it subsides. then reason kicks in and i get relieved i did not spend $400+ on a pair shoes i dont need. jeans now is a different thing though
confused.gif

Wow...

needshoehelp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
One would have to be a pair of dark brown suede chelseas I got from Yoox for $35 or so.

Ciro Lendini?

I've gotten two shoes from them now, and when on sale for $40-$60, I don't think you can get a better deal. Attractive designs, comfortable, fit true to size, and non-corrected-grain leather.

valejo

Reaction score
1) C&J Weymouth (Chestnut)
2) RM Williams SF Special (Chestnut)
3) Church Balmoral on 73 Last (Tan)

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a rather casual lifestyle not working in a downtown area. My three go-to shoes are these. From left to right Heschung Suede rubber sole, Mantallasi, Lobb William. All are two+ years old and all are worn at least once a week in all kinds of weather and when traveling.

If you haven't tried them get a pair of suede shoes with rubber soles. They are very comfortable. And, in a dark brown they can look rather dressy and not show stains.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Two dressy shoes and one more casual choice, but all definitely my go-to shoes...

1) C&J Welbecks in black

dec19002ew6.jpg

2) Zegna Couture oxfords in a dark reddish-brown

mar20003vb6.jpg

3) RM Williams boots in brown

sep04005qt7.jpg

FreedBird

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Two dressy shoes and one more casual choice, but all definitely my go-to shoes...

1) C&J Welbecks in black

dec19002ew6.jpg

2) Zegna Couture oxfords in a dark reddish-brown

mar20003vb6.jpg

3) RM Williams boots in brown

sep04005qt7.jpg

I love the Zegna shoes!

Gherkins

Reaction score
I would only need one: EG Beaulieu, dark oak.

My workhorse shoes. Look nice with jeans and suits and seem to be indestructible.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Zegna Couture oxfords in a dark reddish-brown
mar20003vb6.jpg

Originally Posted by FreedBird
I love the Zegna shoes!
+1 Nail pattern from Sutor right, saw a nice whole cut now last week at the local Zegna store. (godamn didnt even try it on ...)

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. Black ankle boots from Van Bommel.
2. Brown, slightly pointy, shoes with some brogueing from De Stilo.
3. Brown, rather worn, sneakers from Hugo Boss.

No. 3 will have to be replaced quite soon. I'm seriously considering getting no. 1 in brown (probably suede) to fill that role. My new black shoes from Magnanni may well join this list as they look smart and are exceptionally comfortable.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
+1
Nail pattern from Sutor right, saw a nice whole cut now last week at the local Zegna store. (godamn didnt even try it on ...)

Yeah, I think they're Sutor. There's a sole pic in this thread from last year.

flatfront

Reaction score
Dress:-
C&J Lowndes.
C&J Barstow.
C&J Greenville.

Non Dress
Grenson Bleasdale.
C&J Tetbury.
White Jack Purcell.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads