• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesco Boots!

theofficialhung

Reaction score
A few days ago I saw your review on I think Reddit. I didn’t realize that charcoal was such a cool leather. Anyways it lead me to go down the rabbit hole and I grabbed a pair of hendriks in charcoal. It’s amazing stuff! Thanks for your pictures and review 🙂

View attachment 1770717 View attachment 1770718 View attachment 1770719

Yeah I posted on Reddit. Dang did you find yours on Wescos discounted page? Wow congrats on the find and skipping the wait, they look great. We basically have the same boots only yours are a Hendrik and mine are a Boss haha that's cool.

Kkibbey23

Reaction score
right! I really like the non waiting part. This makeup was done for Brooklyn clothing in Vancouver. They had crazy fast shipping too, ordered wed at like 3pm and they were at my house the next day by 3pm😎

until I saw your picture for some reason I thought the charcoal was way different. I honestly am so glad I got them. Today was my first day in them and I love how comfy the wedge soles are. This is my 3rd hendrik but first with the raptor soles.
Congrats again on your cool makeup. I’ve got a build in now for a burlap jobmaster, I might swap that around now a little and go for a short stack. I’ve got some time to think on it tho they should be done in oct.

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pre ordered these baby’s I’m confused how small of a thread wesco boots gets on this website considering they make such amazing boots!
A82D759F-5356-480A-9147-174E87AB8D67.jpeg

Jimk4003

Reaction score
Pre ordered these baby’s I’m confused how small of a thread wesco boots gets on this website considering they make such amazing boots! View attachment 1772466
I think it's just the way Wesco market themselves.

For example, if you follow any other Pacific Northwest bootmakers (Nick's, White's, Viberg, etc.) on Instagram, you'll see a whole bunch of professionally shot, glossy photos with a clear brand 'look'. They obviously each have some form of marketing/brand manager, and professional marketing teams. Companies like Nick's also have an excellent YouTube channel.

Wesco...not so much. Their social media presence is basically just some shots that look like they were taken on a phone of some boots on racks taken at some stage during production. No glossy photos, and no real marketing coordination.

There's also very little direct engagement from Wesco here on the Styleforum. To use Nick's as an example again, their thread used to be pretty quiet too, but now there are a couple of Nick's employees who engage directly with customers over there, and as a result it's much more active.

Given Wesco's current lead-times, they're clearly able to fill their order books without much social media presence, which I suppose is a good thing.

Kkibbey23

Reaction score
I just changed my order around a little bit, I got basically what you did but I’m burlap and with Nordic brass rollers. Come on oct😀
Yeah I posted on Reddit. Dang did you find yours on Wescos discounted page? Wow congrats on the find and skipping the wait, they look great. We basically have the same boots only yours are a Hendrik and mine are a Boss haha that's cool.

mrpoizun

Reaction score
How would you categorize the length of the last on Wesco Engineer boots? I am looking to do a custom build with a raptor sole but I have fairly small feet (6.5E brannock), and want a pair of suede engineering boots that have a slightly longer length so that my feet don't appear as short. For context, I love how Allen Edmonds 65 last (Park Ave/Strand) look on my feet. On the opposite side, I bought a pair of Visvim Brigadier boots and they make my feet look very short.
Wesco doesn't offer suede boots. Roughout, full leather with the flesh side out, is the closest thing to suede. And the pic of the roughout boots you posted appears to be the standard boss toe, as opposed to the bump toe. Hard to tell for sure, though.

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Wesco doesn't offer suede boots. Roughout, full leather with the flesh side out, is the closest thing to suede. And the pic of the roughout boots you posted appears to be the standard boss toe, as opposed to the bump toe. Hard to tell for sure, though.

It's possible that Bakers can source some suede leather or you source some yourself and send to Wesco. However, I believe that it won't be subtracted from the cost of the boots themselves. I'd email Chris at Wesco about that for sure.

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
….. I don’t want to stir up any controversy here but I can’t help myself. These wescos look more worn then the 1st place bergs to me even without conditioner being present. Now if you added 2 separate conditionings onto the wescos like the viberg owner said he did with his boots. (Obenaufs and smiths) is what the owner said he used on insta. Well in my eyes with the veg tan leather keeping the boots shape better … I don’t know how you couldn’t give those wesco boots the first place over the vibergs. 14E64DF5-0C1A-4555-BAE1-F3CCCC01F72C.jpeg 6357B1CB-05CB-4E17-8C3E-642D1332D9AA.jpeg

mlwdp

Reaction score
These look awesome. Regular Boss or bubble toe? What makes the buckles you got different than the ones Wesco offers on their Mr. Lou or regular Boss boots?

Thank you. These are on the old 9165 last and not the 9109 bubble toe last as they originally had the 100 F lug sole. As far as the buckles go, they were made in Japan by Fukurokuju. Wesco doesn’t offer polished nickel roller buckles other than on their Mister Lou.

theofficialhung

Reaction score
Bakers is offering the Mr. Lou in W&C Tan Latigo. If anybody is interested, they told me they can use this leather in any other Wesco model for just a $24 upcharge. It was a no brainer for me - just ordered some 10" W&C Tan Latigo Morrisons 🔥🔥

My only issue is I would prefer a pure cowboy boot with no instep strap but ordered with the straps since I don't want to risk heel slip.

andy b.

Reaction score
I have a pair of Morrisons I ordered off the old Seconds page a good 6 or 7 years ago. I never noticed any heel slip. I'd say if you normally don't notice much heel slip in pull-on boots in the correct size, the Morrison shouldn't be any more prone to slipping.
But of course that is your decision. I'm just relaying my experience.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads