• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Went to Sky Shoes - impressed!

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in DC so I went to Sky Shoes in Georgetown. I think some have ordered from them here.

They had a really impressive selection of stuff: EG, Vass, AE, more Paraboot than I expected, and Alden. The guy who owns the store was very nice as well.

If the 888 last in a certain EG had been a bit narrower, I'd have likely left him a lot of my hard earned $$

Balthazar

Reaction score
If true, I believe that's the only known retailer of Vass in the US at the moment. How much were they?

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps people who haven't already seen them would be interested in seeing a few photos I snapped inside Sky Valet in May of last year at the EG Trunk Show:
4dscn2264eh5ie8.jpg
xxxdscn2273kt5ut3.jpg
11dscn2267nc7qt3.jpg
zzdscn2258wh3de0.jpg
2dscn2270jr1fp3.jpg

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1dscn2269zj2tx1.jpg
yydscn2247zo7ve4.jpg
ccdscn2260mq1zr2.jpg
3dscn2265mw7th2.jpg
ffdscn2248we0qh7.jpg

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eedscn2246yl9zj1.jpg
xxdscn2253xq7is1.jpg
xxdscn2237wi9cc7.jpg
xxxdscn2256fs9yh4.jpg
xxdscn2245bz4ir3.jpg

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dddscn2261bc0hq0.jpg
xdscn2274mm7td6.jpg
1dscn2255tk1wa9.jpg
xdscn2243ra8av3.jpg
xdscn2268bu0du4.jpg
3dscn2266lk9bc7.jpg
Top Drawer:
1dscn2272ub1sk7.jpg

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Do they still carry them, or do they just have some left over? I was under the impression they'd discontinued the line.

They don't still carry Vass. They just have a few left that they are trying to get rid of. They've been sitting around there for a long time and are on discount. I can't tell you the price or which models, but none of the Vass there struck me as that slick. Definitely no U lasts. Mostly larger sizes, and I think a number of slip-ons.

I like Sky Valet. They are always very nice. I'm actually surprised they had another EG trunk show, because they've mentioned to me that it wasn't very successful the previous time. I wish they'd carry C&J.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whoopee
Looks like the Westminster on the 888.

Yup, its the Westminister....i NEED that shoe on a double leather sole.....888 last....
worship.gif

Regards.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing that surprised me was that many of the EG shoes have squared toes. I expected more of them to be rounded. Is that an EG thing or is it just what Sky happens to carry?

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big A.....there is a subtle difference between "Chiseled" and "Square"....when we say "Square" in these parts, we are talking about the Kenneth Cole monstrosities that look like duck roadkill. These shoes have an elegant narrow and elongated toe box with some sharper features than a rounded toe, but they are hardly square.

The Vass U, EG 888, and others are examples of such lasts, and are very popular around here. I like them, but still love round toes (e.g., EG65) as well. Do a search and check out the "ready to wear shoe last comparison" thread.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are nice shots of shoes, but the photos don't show anything of the Sky Valet shop. We can see what your focus was on.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads