• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Weightlifter Friendly Jeans

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by knucks
I guess the point I tried making was that it is much more impressive to see someone weigh 160lbs pull + squat 500+
more than a 220 lb guy squatting 700+? <shrug> There was a guy at my gym that would load up the squat bar with so much weight it'd bend at like a 10+ degree angle on each side. He used like 3 of the 100 lb plates that you used on the leg press on each side, plus a couple 45s. I think he was probably 230 at the most (didn't look that big, but you never know I guess) but I would say he was repping 700-750 at least.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lemme edit that, it's more impressive to see a 160 guy put up those numbers than a guy who weighs 200+

'naw what i mean?

airfrogusmc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by knucks
lemme edit that, it's more impressive to see a 160 guy put up those numbers than a guy who weighs 200+

'naw what i mean?

Not me theres guys in the NFL offensive linemen can squat over 1000 lbs and bench over 600 lbs. These are full grown men.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by airfrogusmc
Not me theres guys in the NFL offensive linemen can squat over 1000 lbs and bench over 600 lbs. These are full grown men.

Yeah, some Samoan offensive lineman from the Seahawks supposedly did 100+ strength reps before... that's ridiculous.

There was a guy at my gym, huge guy, looked like he played lineman when he was younger, who was curling 2 plates like it was just the bar... ridiculous.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a point of reference, here is a guy, namely Mariusz Pudzianowski, who has similar leg and waist stats and is a bodybuilder.

Stats: 37" waist, 31" thigh, 22" biceps, 286lbs, 5' 11", 57" chest

pud.jpg

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by visionology
As a point of reference, here is a guy, namely Mariusz Pudzianowski, who has similar leg and waist stats and is a bodybuilder.

Stats: 37" waist, 31" thigh, 22" biceps, 286lbs, 5' 11", 57" chest

pud.jpg

he's a tank

vanity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
I do frequent bb.com and t-nation, hence can see where your doubt comes from... that said, it's definitely possible...

is that one of 1fast400/bulknutrition/etc spinoffs?

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joeblow
You need urban clothing for the big thighs.
Try www.teamluxury.com for loose hip hop style jeans.
And no it won't hang down from the crack of your ass. Not all urban clothing is like that.

Stop spamming. This is a disccussion forum, not an advertising forum. By posting a message like this in every thread you can find (9 and counting so far), you pretty much guarantee that nobody on this board will buy anything from your site.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Umm, back on topic... Earnest Sewn has some wider thighed jeans and their waist sizes go up to 40 I believe. Also, Rogan has some wider legged jeans, but those are mad expensive. Oh yeah, what is supposedly so good about Rogan denim anyway?

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big, the ALD model you should look for is the Royal. Its got 72 centimeter thighs in size 38 although I would recommend sizing up as they have slightly tight waists and have a low rise. I've just measured the thighs on the Sugarcane 1945B (Lee repros) in size 38 and they're 72 centimeters at the widest point. The Cane 1947 (levis repros) in 38 have 76 cent. thighs so this might be an even better idea.
Hope this helps.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
Big, the ALD model you should look for is the Royal. Its got 72 centimeter thighs in size 38 although I would recommend sizing up as they have slightly tight waists and have a low rise. I've just measured the thighs on the Sugarcane 1945B (Lee repros) in size 38 and they're 72 centimeters at the widest point. The Cane 1947 (levis repros) in 38 have 76 cent. thighs so this might be an even better idea.
Hope this helps.

btw -> 72 centimeters < 30 inches. 72 centimeters is like 28 and 1/3 inches. that's gonna be tight.

big probably wants something greater than 30 inches, unless he likes the sprayed on denim look.

frankster

Reaction score
Hey big,
I've got similar stats to yours and have major issues finding jeans that fit me well. I was wondering if you've found some jeans that do fit you since you posted this topic?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads